Can QSlide be removed/disabled from the notification center without rooting

CarlosSpiceyW

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Im trying to decide between getting an HTC one...and an Lg Optimus G Pro. Im leaning twords the Pro except for one thing.

QSlide. While i dont mind the app by itself....the fact you cant turn it off in the notification bar is insane...especially the fact it takes up so much room. Ive heard you can remove it if you root your device....but i know me. Ill **** that up good. Im not rooting. If there a way to get rid of it? Launchers? Anything?

Can Launchers change the pull down notification menu...

Are there programs that can alter its look?

Or is that just down by rooting your device?

BBJoe2011

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my G pro, it was the easiest thing I ever rooted. Three awesome things have come out of it; I got rid of the att logo in the status bar, I got rid of q slides in the notification tray and I added LMT pie controls. The pie controls make one handed operation that much easier.

Posted via Android Central App

Brandon Housenick

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to the android scene... I just rooted my LG OGP and ran the two verification programs instructed through the video, but now I don't know how I can change whatever. I'd like to do what you did with the qslide gone, att logo and check out that pie set up... How do you get this and how do you mod it to your liking? Do I need to have operating system experience to do so? Thanks for the help.

Sammy Mahajan

May 6, 2013
Visit site
@BBJoe2011 Please provide links which ROM you gone for?
Also my G Pro is E988 where as everywhere I can see ROM for E980.
What is the Difference? Guide me.
Thank You!!

Sammy Mahajan

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Please provide links which ROM you gone for?
Also my G Pro is E988 where as everywhere I can see ROM for E980.
What is the Difference? Guide me.
Thank You!!

I rooted my G pro, it was the easiest thing I ever rooted. Three awesome things have come out of it; I got rid of the att logo in the status bar, I got rid of q slides in the notification tray and I added LMT pie controls. The pie controls make one handed operation that much easier.

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

I tried pie control bit it's not working on my device, can you lend a hand?

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app