GPS turns on during phone calls

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Any one else notice this? I noticed it just the past few days. Havent downloaded anything in a few weeks. Im trying to figure out if its an app or the phone.

from what ever phone I feel like using today

Last edited by a moderator:

TTheInfamous1

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Gps turns on during phone calls

I'm wondering the same. My wife's lg g pro keeps turning on location services automatically. I've turned it off v so many times but it just turns on again on its own. For some reason I think it's Google location services. I turned that off as well but gps still tries to locate. I don't know what else to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

LoneAndroid53

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

I have this issue also and it drives me crazy. I do a factory reset and it disappears, so I believe it us an app based issue.
Being very careful what apps I download, and making calls to narrow down the guilty app.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

I had to do a master reset on my phone to get it to go away. I didn't download anything and before I did a reset I deleted all my apps and it wouldn't go away. It's gone now but I couldn't tell you what it was.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

you guys have At&t? Because its the culprit behind this stupid and annoying gps turning on s***. At first i thought it was my phone, then so I asked my coworker who has an iphone if hes having problem with his gps lately, and he said yes and it also started like 2 days ago like mines. He mentioned that he receive an email from atnt about this new policy thing going on where your gps should be on most of the time.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

I had to do a master reset on my phone to get it to go away. I didn't download anything and before I did a reset I deleted all my apps and it wouldn't go away. It's gone now but I couldn't tell you what it was.

I heard about it that factory reset will do the trick, does it really??

TTheInfamous1

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

I heard about it that factory reset will do the trick, does it really??

My wife did a reset and it still comes on. Not as much she said, but maybe she just hasn't noticed it all the time now.

BTW, we do have AT&T

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

It did for me for a bit but it came back within a day but I did it again and it has not came back. I got an email from art about new privacy changes but that was almost two months ago. I don't have this issue on if I put my SIM card in my other phones. I have a one x plus and a one and my wife has a one and my brother in law had a get and they don't have this issues.

I called LG tech support and they have been receiving complaints about the GPS turning on and they are looking into it.

burgate

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

This started happening on my Optimus G Pro this past weekend. I contacted LG Tech support. They have no knowledge of this problem. Advised me to do a factory reset, which I thought was even worse than the Ctrl/Alt/Delete from the PC days. Some things never change.
It looks like a hard reset may not solve the problem, in reading the posts on this thread.

docmd

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

I think it has to do with location sharing on Google plus. Turn it off and see what happens.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

I think it has to do with location sharing on Google plus. Turn it off and see what happens.

I've tried uninstalling the update and disabling any google app and it still happens and same for the att apps.
Also if that was true about google plus it would be the same on other phone. I don't have this problem with any other phones.

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

My GPS seems to always be running for some reason. Wake up the phone, it's running. Get an alert from Twitter, it's running. Get a text message, it's running. Listen to music, it's running. It's running me up the wall.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

So I decided to factory reset my phone...and thank god it worked!! No more annoying gps turning on all the time!

All I can say is...idk what causes this like anybody else, but i think its better not to update anything related to any Atnt Services/apps..

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

So I decided to factory reset my phone...and thank god it worked!! No more annoying gps turning on all the time!

All I can say is...idk what causes this like anybody else, but i think its better not to update anything related to any Atnt Services/apps..

No matter what I did factory reset or not I always comes back. Hopefully it worked for u. Im having att send me a replacement device.

from what ever phone I feel like using today.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

No matter what I did factory reset or not I always comes back. Hopefully it worked for u. Im having att send me a replacement device.

Did you update any atnt apps?

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

I've done about 10 master resets and it still happens. I do not update any apps at all. Once I sign in to my gmail account I quickly go to the play store and turn off any auto updates. I do believe it has something to do with att apps though. I went to the store today and compared my phone to that if the floor model and the floor model has no issue but it did jot have a gmail account set up so there were not app updates. Also while I was in the store the att hot spot app turned on and my GPS was turning on while I was on the home screens. If I were to turn it off it would automatically turn back on.

I believe the att hot spot app or WiFi app is to blame.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Fu** i thought after I factory reset my phone it wont turn on anymore, but now its turning on again urghhhhhh!

amateur_android_user

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

Ive been having the same problem with my LG optimus g pro for the past week or so. Called ATT they troubleshoot the issue to no avail. Did everything under the sun to fix the problem and nothing worked. Ive done factory reset like 3 times and it only temporarily fixed the problem. Im really fed up with not finding a solution to this major issue. Hopefully somebody will figure this out.

Posted via Android Central App

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

Im getting a replacement and I'll let everyone know if it still happens.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams