GPS turns on during phone calls

fabe#AC

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Gps turns on during phone calls

Ok I'm sorry...
first download it to your phone...
Download script manager at playstore...
Open script manager and look for the file (script) and run it WITH root privileges...
I hope this help

Enviado desde mi LG-E980 usando Tapatalk 2

amateur_android_user

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

I have never done a root before im kinda concerned that if i mess up i will brick my phone and render it useless. Do you know the easiest way to do it?

Posted via Android Central App

fabe#AC

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

Don't forget to let us know if this works for you

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

This is getting on my nerves. WTF could possibly need to know my location every few minutes? Has AT&T said anything about this? Or perhaps even LG?

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

I have not heard anything from att or lg about this. I just got a replacement last night and I have not had it happen yet. It had all the same software versions and apps installed. But usually it took a bit for it to happen.

Also I had gone into an art Corp store and my GPS was turning when. I was there not making a call. I turned it off and it would immediately turn back on.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

inibrius

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

I believe that I've found the culprit for this. The Accu-Weather app (the weather and clock widget) tries to read the location settings hourly. There is no toggle for it, and it automatically turns on the GPS if it was turned off.

Go into the app, take off the 'automatic' city (the one with the red location arrow next to it) and it will still update the weather but it won't touch the GPS anymore.

Ever since I've done that I haven't seen any more occurrence of this.

burgate

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

Tried what you suggested with the Accu-Weather app. Didn't work. GPS still turns on when making or receiving calls.

amateur_android_user

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

I hope when i get my replacement phone that it will fix this gps issue. I didnt understand the last part of what you said? Did the replacement phone turn on the gps when u made a phone call just like your previous phone?

fabe#AC

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

I gave you a way to fix it :banghead:

I tried everything before turning off a lot of stuff ,freezing apps but GPS icon always come back... after killing services I haven't seen the icon again only when I need to use Google maps...I restored my phone to factory setting like 3 times and the icon always come back... I think the way I gave you is the only one to fix it even if you get a new phone the problem will appear I know a lot of g pro users with same problem...

If you are scared of rooting your device try to watch the video as many times until you feel secure on doing it..I have root all my android devices and never have a problem...even a S4 I got a long time.. I rooted the same day I get it and didn't like so I unrooted the device very easy never have problems with warranty or any other stuff...

:thumbup:

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

U didn't give us a way to fix it. Most ppl don't want to root there phone for many reason. Now if u came up with something that didn't require a person yo root there phone then I'd try it.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

I hope when i get my replacement phone that it will fix this gps issue. I didnt understand the last part of what you said? Did the replacement phone turn on the gps when u made a phone call just like your previous phone?

With my replacement it has not happened and I have had the phone for just over two days. With my old phone after a factory reset it turn back on after a few hours.

fabe#AC

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

Ok... so your brand new phone is not getting that bug that's cool BUT...see you soon!!! :cool:

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

That fine, If it happens again I'll just get a different make and model phone. So if I were to have rooted it I couldn't do that because it voids the warranty. So in events like this in case there is something wrong it's covered.

fabe#AC

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

Ok I understand your situation...
I rooted my S3 and the phone break down, at the beginning I was scared of going to best b.. and claim the warranty so I looked for a way to unroot it and it was simple, then I went to the store and get one brand new again...

Of course rooting a phone without any knowledge on computer can brick your phone...don't take that risk!!

This is my first LG phone I get and the bug appear 16 days after I bought it ,I was really mad because I couldn't return it, so the script was the only way to. FIX FOR ME if you have the opportunity to change phone well do it if this bug bother you...

Good look with the new phone:beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol