Having the turn-off button on the right side and the volume and that other button on the left is becoming a pain because grabbing the phone with one hand means mashing all kinds of buttons accidentally. My gf just got the LG G2 and I'm thinking of switching because it has no side buttons (one would be okay but having them on opposite sides of each other like the G Pro is a functional disaster).

Other than that the phone is great. Well, the back button is a pain to reach when holding the phone with one hand and, although I have no desire to ever return to an iPhone, it's one thing Apple does great (putting back/forward buttons on the browser page itself so there is less stretching to get to it with the thumb).
    09-23-2013 01:31 PM
    I completly agree with you, and thousands of others regarding the side buttons. Whoever thought of the idea of putting buttons on both sides that are easily pressed down should be shot... and not with a camera.

I am using an iPhone until I can buy the LG G2... but I believe that other models and other companies will follow this trend of getting the buttons out of the way.

It's one of the most annoying things about these phones, especially the Samsung Galaxy Note series. Those buttons press like butter, and they're in the worst possible places.
    10-26-2013 11:15 AM
    I actually like the button placement on the OGP. I'm a truck driver and the phone stays mostly in the vehicle dock while I'm on the road. It's easy to turn the screen off and on or adjust volume. I don't see how the LG G2 would be functional with the buttons on the back in a dock, at least not in the iBolt that I use.
    10-26-2013 02:54 PM
    I love the left side button layout, being im a lefty and hold the phone in my left hand.

Posted via Android Central App
    02-01-2014 08:24 PM
    I don't mind the side button placement. The rear button placement is cool in some situations, not in a car dock. I manage to avoid the problem of easily mashed buttons by choosing cases that make it a more firm push.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
    02-02-2014 09:55 AM