Buy OR Pass LG Optimus G Pro AT&T

FiTCH85

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
I am thinking of ordering the LG Optimus G Pro.... From Amazon the Price with upgrade is 19.99..... I really like the G Pro. I went to ATT and had a look in person... I have a Pantech Pocket that i got when my HTC Surround was damaged.. :( I really liked that phone and WP7.5 at the time. By the way The SURROUND by HTC has way better sound than the HTC ONE.. Yes Realy it is alot louder too.. Anyways the Pocket is wider than the G Pro so the size doesn't bother me. Everything about the phone is great and it compares nice to all flagship phones at the moment and for the price... Why i Havnt Clicked Buy or ADD to CART... I am still looking at the HTC ONE. i have had so many phone from HTC like the 8125... lol and the LG G2.... HTC ONE 119.99 G2 price 149.99 Negative on the G pro Hard to find a good case / screen protector and it will add bulk but i have never used a case on a phone ever yet and i don't know i can start now, will the G pro get any more updates no prolly not but something just wont let me, let go of it.... So BUY or PASS G Pro > LG G2 > HTC ONE .....
thanks for the help ...

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
I am thinking of ordering the LG Optimus G Pro.... From Amazon the Price with upgrade is 19.99..... I really like the G Pro. I went to ATT and had a look in person... I have a Pantech Pocket that i got when my HTC Surround was damaged.. :( I really liked that phone and WP7.5 at the time. By the way The SURROUND by HTC has way better sound than the HTC ONE.. Yes Realy it is alot louder too.. Anyways the Pocket is wider than the G Pro so the size doesn't bother me. Everything about the phone is great and it compares nice to all flagship phones at the moment and for the price... Why i Havnt Clicked Buy or ADD to CART... I am still looking at the HTC ONE. i have had so many phone from HTC like the 8125... lol and the LG G2.... HTC ONE 119.99 G2 price 149.99 Negative on the G pro Hard to find a good case / screen protector and it will add bulk but i have never used a case on a phone ever yet and i don't know i can start now, will the G pro get any more updates no prolly not but something just wont let me, let go of it.... So BUY or PASS G Pro > LG G2 > HTC ONE .....
thanks for the help ...

The LG G2 is a great phone, but the button placement was a little annoying. The Optimus G Pro is good too. It was smooth and fast in the short amount of time I got to use it. I have an HTC One and it's ok. The camera is alright for day to day shots, but not as good as I expected it to be. It's a great phone overall. The LG Optimus Pro and the One both have the same processor. The LG G2 has a more powerful CPU (Snapdragon 800 vs 600). Also take in consideration of things such as sd card slots and removable batteries. The HTC one has better build quality compared to the LG phones, but they still all have non cheap feel to them ( the optimus g pro feels the cheapest out of the 3). I think the Optimus G pro is a great choice. if you don't like it, you can return it.

FiTCH85

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Processor and chipset, adreno 330 is really the reason for the G2 thinking it will last with the next generations of phones... Maybe.. It might get the 4.4 update and even android 5.XX editions maybe. My friend just purchased HTC ONE for Verizon... I really like it, but no easily removable Battery or SD card kinda sucks but that is with both of them though.. but with all online integration it seems less important. I am left handed and the buttons i think wouldn't really be a big factor in my decision. As far as cameras that is my least important feature or close to it... i Use it. (the cam)but not much... and i'm not worried about perfect picture....i take on average maybe 10 pictures a month... Not trying to give you my life story lol just wonder if the G Pro is really going to be the buy of the year at the price 20.$$ for the specs and if i can hope for it to be relevant till maybe next November...

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Processor and chipset, adreno 330 is really the reason for the G2 thinking it will last with the next generations of phones... Maybe.. It might get the 4.4 update and even android 5.XX editions maybe. My friend just purchased HTC ONE for Verizon... I really like it, but no easily removable Battery or SD card kinda sucks but that is with both of them though.. but with all online integration it seems less important. I am left handed and the buttons i think wouldn't really be a big factor in my decision. As far as cameras that is my least important feature or close to it... i Use it. (the cam)but not much... and i'm not worried about perfect picture....i take on average maybe 10 pictures a month... Not trying to give you my life story lol just wonder if the G Pro is really going to be the buy of the year at the price 20.$$ for the specs and if i can hope for it to be relevant till maybe next November...

I have an AT&T HTC One X with a Qualcomm snapdragon s4 and it is still going strong! The processor shouldn't be much of a problem. Also SD card is something I wish I really had. I think its something you should always have. HTC sucks in that department. I think the lg optimus pro is a good buy for you if you really want it.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

rich250

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
for $20 I would consider it the buy of the year,I just switched to the optimus pro from the note 2 and the pro is one sweet phone,great battery life,beautiful screen,expandable memory,replacable battery,very fast, just a great phone.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
LG Optimus G Pro is a good phone but if you can wait I would see how the nexus 5 will turn out before pulling the trigger. LG's track record on updates leave much to be desired, and that's even a big understatement to how woeful they have been in updating their phones.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The G Pro is a great device. Very sliquidy liquidy smooth. Beautiful screen. SD card support and removable battery. Basically it's an LG phone with attributes we often give to Samsung. It's a nice device (hey, that rhymes ).

Sent from that other phone

cybernimf

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I agree with everything said here. I had a galaxy s2 skyrocket and i cant even compare the two. Now, i looked hard at reviews of all major phones before purchasing, but for 20 bucks a month on ATT NEXT you can't beat it. And, you can pay off the phone and not be under any contracts or anything anymore. The processor is a step above on g2, but the pro has expandable memory and g2 doesnt.
for $20 I would consider it the buy of the year,I just switched to the optimus pro from the note 2 and the pro is one sweet phone,great battery life,beautiful screen,expandable memory,replacable battery,very fast, just a great phone.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Took my own advice and pulled the trigger on the Nexus 5. I like the LG optimus pro G but it's time for me to start getting the updates to android i deserve. I have always had carrier branded phones and the support has always dropped right after a new flagship has been introduced. I'm cutting my losses and moving on I do like the new updated android. I'm not going to wait on LG as there update record is the worst out of all the big carriers. So you all have a good one my LG is now retired.

FiTCH85

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
So incase anyone was wondering. I knida dropped off the face of the internet for a while well... amazon wouldnt let me ordrr the lg opt g pro ... they never gave me a reason some bs I must say well i became super busy with work and taking on a big project so I put it on the back burner until about a week ago. Well long story short... I have a GS 4 Active .. how things work out.. but I still have my upgrade availability. ..

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
So incase anyone was wondering. I knida dropped off the face of the internet for a while well... amazon wouldnt let me ordrr the lg opt g pro ... they never gave me a reason some bs I must say well i became super busy with work and taking on a big project so I put it on the back burner until about a week ago. Well long story short... I have a GS 4 Active .. how things work out.. but I still have my upgrade availability. ..

Nice!

marcus0263

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Took my own advice and pulled the trigger on the Nexus 5. I like the LG optimus pro G but it's time for me to start getting the updates to android i deserve. I have always had carrier branded phones and the support has always dropped right after a new flagship has been introduced. I'm cutting my losses and moving on I do like the new updated android. I'm not going to wait on LG as there update record is the worst out of all the big carriers. So you all have a good one my LG is now retired.

I've got the pro, love it but I absolutly HATE the carrier bloat. I have my father on my plan and bought him the Nexus 5. Damn, it's sweet! But ... things I dislike about it, no micro SD slot and no removable battery. Works well for my father but for my self not having "both" of what I feel should be standard features is a deal killer. But I really do love the no bloat and speed of the Nexus 5, I'm mean it's one outstanding phone.

Don't know, maybe in a couple of years when I get a new phone I most likely will go for the Nexus line. I seriously despise the carrier bloat and with the US carriers moving to no substity phones carrier bloat could very well become a thing of the past.

Sent from my Android Tablet w/ Tapatalk 4