LG Optimus G Pro Update

skullymullins

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I sent LG an email asking about possible OS updates, below is there reply.

Thank you for contacting LG Customer Service USA!!

We understand how excited you must about this new OS version.
By the moment there is no information related to any OS upgrades for this model. An extensive evaluation needs to be done by LG, Google and the carriers in order to determine if the phone is compatible with the newest OS versions or if it requires any software upgrade.
In case LG Electronics together with the carrier for this model decides to release a software or OS upgrade you will be notified by your carrier directly.

It has been a pleasure assisting you today! At the bottom, you will be able to see a survey and score your experience with me. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again via Email, Live Chat or by calling 800-243-0000. Thank you very much for your kindness and patience! Please enjoy the rest of your day and I wish you the best!

Sincerely
Lorraine D.
----------------
LG Customer Service
Toll Free number: 1-800-243-0000
LGEAI | Customer Interactive Center
Monday- Sunday

Reply Options:

Reply by Live Chat
Click here to chat live with LG Customer Service
(Weekdays, 8am-8pm CST)

Reply by email

-----------Original Customer Inquiry------------
Received Date : 11/26/2013 07:35 41
The type of inquiry : Software Drivers/Updates
Product/Model No. : Smart Phone/Emerging Device/LGE980

I just recently purchased my LG-E980 and am I am wanting to know if my phone will receive the Kit Kat update?? Or any other update besides the current 4.1.2?

Thanks in advance.

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
A very polite way of saying no. Typical response. I could have written it myself. If you want kit katt for your Optimus PRO your going to have to root your device and install it yourself when it comes out.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The front page late Q1 2014 kitKat 4.4 update of the G2 should tell you all you need to know about the Optimus series. Left behind and you will not be seeing an update for the G pro as like always LG has abandoned a line of phones not even a year old.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Would love to see some updates but if not still runs perfectly smooth on 4.1.2. Just wouldn't think they would abandon a less than a year old phone.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
. Just wouldn't think they would abandon a less than a year old phone.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

Hence why I will never buy another LG phone again. No real problems with this phone, just the company and their lack of support. Make new phone, hype new phone, release new phone, abandon new phone, make newer phone, repeat.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not so concern about getting updates 4.1 does everything I need it to do phone runs super fast besides I've played with a nexus 5 not all that impressed

Posted via Android Central App

zlively

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I think I will get the GN3 or 4 when my contract is up...... How do you root the G Pro? Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

davekro

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Wow, just wow. I did not realize it was possible to buy a 'great new phone' just to find out that the OS it shipped with is all it will ever have. Fast forward 6 month safter buying said new phone... You buy a cool piece of new hardware (iFit Jazz) and find out it only runs on the latest OS (4.3). Now you realize you were F'ed by LG (THEY say... too bad so sad LOL!!!). Frack. This is my wife's phone. I am stuck with an iPhone 4s with iOS 5.1.1. Afraid to update to iOS 6 or 7 becuse so many have had their WiFi f'd by this update. I had been thinking Android might be my path (out of Apple). Maybe it is, but with Samsung... I'm sensing there are no 'good guys' in th esmart phone business! :(

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I will say that CM 10.2 works exceedingly well on the G Pro. TBH it makes me not concerned at all if LG releases an update.

gp8.3

kvraobsnl

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Dear friends,

I am from India. I recently bought an unlocked at&t optimus g pro e980.
When I am trying to update, I am getting the message 'handset not registered'.
How to register it?
Any problems if I changed to Cyanogenmod?
Pl clarify. Thanks in advance.
k v rao

kirby calitis

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
you have to flash the specific stock rom of the g pro for you region.you can find it on xda developers forum.look for the thread about how to get back to stock,it inlcludes all the stock roms of gpro according to where ever region you are.you can ask questions there.
if you dont do this you will never get official updates from lg.LOL anyway i guess lg will never release an update for this phone

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I used to have this OGP as my work phone and really loved it. I only had 1 grip and that was the low external speaker. I'm bummed I had to give it back when I left.

The problem LG did with the OGP was only selling it through AT&T in the USA. So between that and being sold in Korea, they didn't make it easy for many people to get it if they wanted it.

Personally If they would just update it to a solid 4.3 I would buy one in a heartbeat. I've tried KK 4.4.2 on my GS4 and it is still buggy as heck and I've had a few issues with it. I don't think KK will be that good until they maybe hit 4.4.4

But I hate to say it, I doubt you'll see the OGP go past 4.1.2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1