E980 AT&T software update

Nelimungous

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded 67.71mb (pretty sure that was the size) software update for my OGP. Not sure what it did just yet. Software version went from E98010k to E98010P. It did update my gtalk to hangouts .

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1389269024615.jpg
    1389269024615.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:

Nelimungous

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Update summary
Effective January 8th, 2014, a software update for the LG Optimus G Pro (E980) will be available to AT&T customers. Customers will be able to update over the air via Wi-Fi.
Software update includes

• Closed Captioning: Closed captioning option will appear in full screen mode for video files that are closed captioning supported.
  • Battery and Data icons in AT&T apps folder: You now have quick and easy access from your device home screen in the AT&T folder to manage data usage or optimize battery life.
  • Dual camera: You can take still photos using the front and rear camera at the same time.
  • Video pause and resume: You can pause and resume while recording a video.
  • Smart video: With eye detection, if you stop watching a video, the video will pause.
  • Home button LED: You can set the home button LED for "Favorite" contacts. Go to "Favorite" contact > Edit > Home Button LED.
  • Unused apps: You can set notifications for unused apps at: Settings > Apps > Menu key > Unused apps.

AT&TBusiness

Nelimungous

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
The phone actually updates to E98010P. For some reason the AT&T update page states "N". Also the features listed I am fairly certain they already existed. So AT&T needs to update the software update page I believe. Would have done this earlier but work getting in the way!

Anthony Orman

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Need help my g pro is unlocked and on tmobile, everytime I try and connect to server to update it says device not registered is this because it not on ATT and wont be able to get any updates unless im on ATT, im on the per paid plan with tmobile so any advice would be of great help. :-\

Lyle Graff

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Went to down load my up-date this afternoon and was on wifi. Got 37%downloaded and a screen popped up saying server no longer available! Won't let me try again for 24 hrs. What kinda b.s. is it that you can't up-date again for 24 hrs. Never seen that on any other co. I've been on! Or phone!

MileHiLife

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Went to down load my up-date this afternoon and was on wifi. Got 37%downloaded and a screen popped up saying server no longer available! Won't let me try again for 24 hrs. What kinda b.s. is it that you can't up-date again for 24 hrs. Never seen that on any other co. I've been on! Or phone!

[EDIT....forgot to add that I'm rooted. I've read elsewhere that may be why.]
Same thing for me, at around 30% downloaded.... can't try again for up to 48 hours. Been looking for a direct link to download thru my computer -- no luck so far.
Bummer.

Last edited:

JSWilsonX

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
If you have ClockworkMod installed you will probably want to pass on this on till you figure out how to get your phone to reboot after the software is downloaded.
Right now my phone rebooted to recovery mode and I am not able to get it to reboot to complete the install or to a backup I had made earlier.

dmw_4814

May 23, 2011
Visit site
O.K., I tried installing this update, and it booted into my CWM recovery, and now every single time I try rebooting the system, it goes right back into CWM. I've tried powering it off (instead of simply rebooting), and I even pulled the battery, but no luck. It still boots right back into CWM.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd prefer not to have to do a factory reset, as I have some text messages from a woman I just started dating I really don't want to lose (I know; I should've done a backup, at least of my text messages, before attempting to install this update - my bad)!

Dennis

Nathan Anderson2

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
The update detected that my phone is rooted and refused to even download the update.
I have been hesitant to flash cwm or twrp because of problems I have read with FreeOG and
there is yet a stable release of CM11.

From the sounds of the OTA update, it's not even worth downloading. Anyone have an idea for a workaround the fact I'm rooted in case I do decide to download it?

John Loesch

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Also the features listed I am fairly certain they already existed.

CC support might be new. Not that I've had a chance to use that, but all the other stuff there came with the 'LG Value Pack' push from July.

(Edit 1/11/14): It added the Google Drive and Play Games apps.

Last edited:

Strykur

May 13, 2011
Visit site
The only way to do any official updates once your phone is rooted is by flashing. It's ugly and complicated, otherwise I would tell you how to do it, but it essentially wipes out your phone to factory default, allowing for any update installations for official software.

Never mind, apparently if you unroot using Super Su, that should do it, but working on it now to confirm.

Well that did not work, now going back to CWM, Super Su may remove the root but you need to get rid of any bootloader (like CWM) or your phone will brick.

JJ Kairos

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
This is ridiculous. I've been trying to update since I got the phone in August, no dice. Always get the 'not yet registered' bologna. Spent 3 hours on the phone with att, who told me to call lg, who told me to call att. Neither one of them know what that error message means. Its ridonculous. If anyone has found a fix for this I'd sure love to know. Pretty Please:mad:

MileHiLife

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
My formerly humming rooted G Pro finally, yet unfortunately, took the AT&T update after 3 attempts in 3 days. Now it sticks in CWM bootloader. Yes, after a few hours of fruitlessly searching for a solution I NOW realize I shouldn't have done it, so please save the woulda coulda shouldas -- sorry, not in the best mood right now! : )
Is there a possible workaround or do I need to bite the bullet and start the unbbrick process?
Thx!

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
My formerly humming rooted G Pro finally, yet unfortunately, took the AT&T update after 3 attempts in 3 days. Now it sticks in CWM bootloader. Yes, after a few hours of fruitlessly searching for a solution I NOW realize I shouldn't have done it, so please save the woulda coulda shouldas -- sorry, not in the best mood right now! : )
Is there a possible workaround or do I need to bite the bullet and start the unbbrick process?
Thx!
I listed the wrong information. You'll need to use LGFlash Tool to flash the stock software.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21