E980 AT&T software update

Jserrjets

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, got the prompt to update, my phone is rooted, didn't work, phone stuck in cwm screen, then i manage to wipe it clean. need zip file for andriod os v4.1.1 or new boot laoder help!

wndrrd

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Jserrjets go to the link in my other post and follow the directions and you will be able to fix your phone. I had to do it yesterday.

JSWilsonX

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
@wndrrd, I tried your link. Everything went well until I got to the last step to flash the phone back to the stock roms. It started the flash process then said:
USB Connection Established
Flashing
Device QFUSE Check OK!!
...PrimaryGPT
:: Error ::
F0000002

Then the status area turned red and said Download FAIL!! (30sec)

Now the phone will not go into download mode. It still boots to ClockworkMod though the backup I created after installing ClockworkMod disappeared. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

luilly3d

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Im here with the same problem, I had all ready to flash but I can get the phone to download mode. It just shows the logo for and it then goes to CWM , any other button combination?

Strykur

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Im here with the same problem, I had all ready to flash but I can get the phone to download mode. It just shows the logo for and it then goes to CWM , any other button combination?

Here's the trick:

0. MAKE SURE THE PHONE IS OFF. THEN:
1. Press both volume buttons (up + down)
2. With both volume buttons pressed, THEN CONNECT THE USB CABLE. The phone will "boot" to Download Mode.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
JJ Kairos: I've been trying to update since I got the phone in August, no dice. Always get the 'not yet registered' bologna.

I had to download the AT&T firmware file for the July update and install it manually (which involves a factory reset so be warned!), since I did that it took the latest update just fine and dandy. You and I might have gotten a bad batch.

I posted instructions somewhere around here for doing the manual update. It's using AT&T's firmware image, so it's not rooting or a custom ROM or anything, just stock firmware.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I had to download the AT&T firmware file for the July update and install it manually (which involves a factory reset so be warned!), since I did that it took the latest update just fine and dandy. You and I might have gotten a bad batch.

I posted instructions somewhere around here for doing the manual update. It's using AT&T's firmware image, so it's not rooting or a custom ROM or anything, just stock firmware.

Is it anywhere that lists what the Benefits are of the update(s) so those interested know if its worth being bothered? I apologize if that's already been listed above.

S3m

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Is it anywhere that lists what the Benefits are of the update(s) so those interested know if its worth being bothered? I apologize if that's already been listed above.

S3m

The one for July is the benefits listed in this thread. No one seems to know the benefits offered by the latest version other than a couple of Google updates (Play Services, etc)

cmky8132

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I used the XDA thread to flash back to stock and the LG flashing tool wouldn't recognize the AT&T software because it was in TOT file and not a kdz file. I had to flash the Panama E980 file which worked and had to manually set the LTE through the dialpad. How did everyone get the ATT file to flash????

JSWilsonX

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I used this link to get the files: [GUIDE] [E980] Fix soft bricks. Flash back to stock using LGFLashTools - xda-developers There are better instructions elsewhere on the process. I had no problems flashing the AT&T software. The only issue I has was getting the phone into download mode without corrupting the download. Most instructions call for holding the down volume and plugging in the USB cable. For me this started the download before the cable was firmly seated which resulted in a failed flash. I found instructions which called for plugging in the USB cable then holding the up and down volume button and pressing the power button until the device powers down then releasing the power button (all the while holding the volume buttons). This gave me consistently good results. I really like this phone. It is great to be able to restore it to its original condition reguardless of what had been done to it before. If only some one could make files for the current release.

cmky8132

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I'm sorry I used a different guide on flashing back to stock. Yeah you have to hold the volume down and power button at the same time after turning the phone off and then connecting the USB cable, while keeping the buttons pressed to go into download mode. I will try this guide instead. Sorry for any confusion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user