Top half of screen goes crazy

fireguy2002

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the not so descriptive title. Playing certain videos(Streaming player) and pictures in the Gallery, the top half of the screen goes blank. It works perfect any other time. I even had to take a picture since taking a screen shot makes it go away. Any thoughts?
2014-02-09-16-12-20.jpgdownload_20140209_154953-1.jpg

Roflfish

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Same thing is happening on my LG Optimus Pro G since the other day. A bunch of my apps updated and then this happened out of nowhere. Doesn't seem to happen when in landscape mode. Tried removing updates/apps that were updated to see if it would fix it but no dice. Was really hoping to find some help on this as well.

John Loesch

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Glad to know I'm not crazy too.......Is everyone here non-rooted and stock?

The first things I noticed it on were Google Play Books and the Pinball Deluxe apps.

adobian

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
if you touch the volume button you get the full screen back temporarily. If you touch the screen you also get the same effect. It's weird. I bet even LG doesn't know this.

John Loesch

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't do a factory reset on mine as I had forgotten my password/pin, but a hard system reset has fixed the problem. As I re-add my apps, I will try to report back.

So far, I have reinstalled You Version Bible, Smart Voice recorder, Chromecast, and Android Central. Anybody else here with those?

Posted via Android Central App

Mistertip

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
same thing happened to mine with in the first week of ownership. it was stock out of box. it first started on my Go Locker lock screen. so i uninstalled that thinking it was software, then i noticed it was happening when ever i would view a pic in portrait. so i rooted the phone and went back to E98010k version, still same issue. so i LG flashed back to the E98010p it was shipped to me with. so far its working properly. was on way to return it to ATT to show them. but had to return it back to way it came. i'm concerned being you all are having same issue and this was not a refurbished unit but new. research the LG flash to stock and see if it fixes your issue. this worked so far for me
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-g-pro/295725-software-update-t-3.html

John Loesch

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok, sports fans. I have finished reinstalling any apps I had except for a few. The problem has not resurfaced.

fireguy2002

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Crap. I didn't mean to abandon the thread. Never got any notifications. I've just recently flashed back to stock and added all my old apps. It was at least a week later when it happened. Strange stuff.

fireguy2002

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Clean Master from KS Mobile was the culprit. Reinstalling all of my apps, Clean Master said it was incompatible with my Android version. I went online, downloaded the beta version and the problem popped up again. Uninstalled and problem fixed.

Sumeet Tuteja

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I live in India but I have bought my AT&T locked LG Optimus G Pro E 980 from USA in July 2013 and got it unlocked in India. Now I am using it on Vodafone network and it is working extremely fine.

I came to know that AT&T has realsed some value pack update for this phone and when I tried to download it from Software udate option, the message says - You are not registered yet.

Is there any way that I can get this update? I also read today on internet that net update of 4.4 kitkat is also likely to come for this phone by Q2 end. So, would I be able to update it then?

I have got my phone rooted today and if this could anyhow help me, do let me know. Thanks.

John Loesch

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Clean Master from KS Mobile was the culprit. Reinstalling all of my apps, Clean Master said it was incompatible with my Android version. I went online, downloaded the beta version and the problem popped up again. Uninstalled and problem fixed.

Same here. I had Clean Master but didn't even try to reinstall based on the incompatibility message. KUDOS!

John Loesch

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I live in India but I have bought my AT&T locked LG Optimus G Pro E 980 from USA in July 2013 and got it unlocked in India. Now I am using it on Vodafone network and it is working extremely fine.

I came to know that AT&T has realsed some value pack update for this phone and when I tried to download it from Software udate option, the message says - You are not registered yet.

Is there any way that I can get this update? I also read today on internet that net update of 4.4 kitkat is also likely to come for this phone by Q2 end. So, would I be able to update it then?

I have got my phone rooted today and if this could anyhow help me, do let me know. Thanks.

DO NOT try to put the latest update on. (98010p). It detects if the phone is rooted and if it isn't, makes it non-rootable.

John Loesch

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
What is the difference between factory reset and hard system reset ?

Factory reset is built into the GUI under Settings - General - Personal - Backup and Reset.

Hard reset is to shut off the phone. Once it is off, press and hold the volume down button and then press and hold the power button. Once the LG logo pops up, let them go and then you'll get something that looks like the command prompt on a PC that asks you if you want to perform a hard reset. You press the power button twice to confirm.

Make sure all your data (contacts, pictures, etc) are backed up somewhere. You'll basically have a wiped phone after this with whatever update you last installed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2