AT&T Post KitKat Update problems / Issues Anyone?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I Wanted to start a thread to see if anyone that has the official AT&T OTA update to 4.4.2 KitKat has any issues after the update, not getting the update downloaded or installed, but just any issues with the LG Optimus G Pro AFTER installing the update. I have been running it for 2 days now and have only seen the following issues:
1) The automatic brightness is way more conservative than it was before, at night I have to turn off auto brightness as it is to dim. ( maybe this is where they say better battery life in the channel change log)
2) I have been using the phone in the same places as usual for the past 2 days, my signal strength indicator is about 2 bars lower than it has been for the past 5 months. ( It could just be a coincidence, but it is definitely lower)
3) As far as battery life, other than the first day that I updated to KitKat, it have been the same, no worst, no better. Which is good because the battery life has always been more than acceptable.
Anyone else notice any changes or issues since updating you LG OG Pro?

Billinok

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Definitely the auto brightness is dimmer on auto and it fluctuates by getting dimmer then brightens a little. Just got the update, so if any other problems will post.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Battery life seems normal to me, but I notice a huge improvement in my WiFi signal strentgh. Before the update I usually have 2 bars, but now I'm getting 3-4 easily. Haven't found any bugs yet.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
OK found one... Where the hell is my screen time on?? I had it earlier then I changed the battery and turn it on, now its gone!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-01-07-55-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-01-07-55-33.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 53

Nelimungous

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I Wanted to start a thread to see if anyone that has the official AT&T OTA update to 4.4.2 KitKat has any issues after the update, not getting the update downloaded or installed, but just any issues with the LG Optimus G Pro AFTER installing the update. I have been running it for 2 days now and have only seen the following issues:
1) The automatic brightness is way more conservative than it was before, at night I have to turn off auto brightness as it is to dim. ( maybe this is where they say better battery life in the channel change log)
2) I have been using the phone in the same places as usual for the past 2 days, my signal strength indicator is about 2 bars lower than it has been for the past 5 months. ( It could just be a coincidence, but it is definitely lower)
3) As far as battery life, other than the first day that I updated to KitKat, it have been the same, no worst, no better. Which is good because the battery life has always been more than acceptable.
Anyone else notice any changes or issues since updating you LG OG Pro?

+1 on the automatic brightness issue. In low light the auto setting way tooo low.

Xavier Delgado

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Before my battery would drain pretty quick when using mobile data. That issue has been fixed.
I feel using more mobile data now and battery isn't draining that much! :p

marcus0263

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not liking that

Yep, its by design from Google. LG should have fixed this before they pushed it out.

Only way around this is to root, pissed me off big time. Of course ATT support says reset the phone... idiots reading off a script.

Sent from my Phone w/Tapatalk Pro

marcus0263

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Definitely the auto brightness is dimmer on auto and it fluctuates by getting dimmer then brightens a little. Just got the update, so if any other problems will post.

Yep, bad enough I had to turn it off

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yep, bad enough I had to turn it off

I really think they adjusted the auto brightness to, seemingly, up the battery life I left mine on auto, for the better part of 37.5 hours, turned it off when I absolutely had to to see the screen better. I never had a problem with the battery on this phone, heavy use and always made it 19 hours or so. This past day and a half, I used the phone about the same and wanted to see how long it would last, well 37.5 hours, screen on time about 4 hours. So that is the only thing I can think that extended my battery time, but will definitely not be leaving it on auto 100% of the time, battery life on this phone has been good either way, just use it the way you need it.

Wayne Kerr

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Good day, all! This is my first post here and I registered just to respond to this thread.

I did my update this morning and since then I've not been able to keep my bluetooth headset (Motorola HX550) paired with my phone. Before the update it would automatically pair as soon as I turned the device on, since the update I have to pair the device every time.

Any suggestions?

rizzle00

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: AT&T Post KitKat Update problems / Issues Anyone?

damn i wish i could gt 19hrs.. **** i cnt make it thur a 10hr work day with m phone being in airplane mode 8 out of the 10hrs.. only to talk or text during breaks..

- - - Updated - - -

damn i wish i could gt 19hrs.. **** i cnt make it thur a 10hr work day with m phone being in airplane mode 8 out of the 10hrs.. only to talk or text during breaks..

nhraamy

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I hate the new update. Picture thrown into a new file, I cant post pics to a different app, address bar always shown when online, havent noticed anything about battery life because the battery always sucks on phones, they changed the keyboard. Just a mess. Just leave it as it is. You dont have to change it, just to justify having employees.

Xenon89

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T Post KitKat Update problems / Issues Anyone?

THE BATTERY LIFE ON MY PHONE HAS DROPPED SIGNIFICANTLY!! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW. I loved this phone for everything, especially the battery life. Now the battery life drains to 50% in like 4 hours!! Before I could go the whole day and more without charging!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy