AT&T Post KitKat Update problems / Issues Anyone?

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T Post KitKat Update problems / Issues Anyone?

THE BATTERY LIFE ON MY PHONE HAS DROPPED SIGNIFICANTLY!! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW. I loved this phone for everything, especially the battery life. Now the battery life drains to 50% in like 4 hours!! Before I could go the whole day and more without charging!!

Happened to me too!! 2 days after the update I was ssooo happy bc battery life got better like I was getting 6 hrs screen on with moderate to heavy use... But since yesterday Im only averaging 4 hours now.. and I noticed that my android Os is actin up crazy and consuming most of my battery.. idk whay they did this past few days,

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-06-15-19-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-06-15-19-41.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_2014-06-06-11-30-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-06-11-30-30.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 38

marcus0263

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Due to the updates removing write access to the MicroSD I ended up rooting my phone. So I thought I'd remove CarrerIQ also, well no longer problems with my GPS, battery life has increased and my phone is faster.

Sent from my Phone w/Tapatalk Pro

ConvertedGal

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has gone way down after the update, I updated yesterday. For example: I charged it to 100% and used it like I normally do and it drained down to 90% in about 20 minutes. In the time it has taken me to type this it has gone down 2%. I loved the long-lasting battery on this phone, but not liking what the update has done to it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok this is really weird... im only losing significant amount of juice when im on airplane mode..

S Smith4

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I Wanted to start a thread to see if anyone that has the official AT&T OTA update to 4.4.2 KitKat has any issues after the update, not getting the update downloaded or installed, but just any issues with the LG Optimus G Pro AFTER installing the update. I have been running it for 2 days now and have only seen the following issues:
1) The automatic brightness is way more conservative than it was before, at night I have to turn off auto brightness as it is to dim. ( maybe this is where they say better battery life in the channel change log)
2) I have been using the phone in the same places as usual for the past 2 days, my signal strength indicator is about 2 bars lower than it has been for the past 5 months. ( It could just be a coincidence, but it is definitely lower)
3) As far as battery life, other than the first day that I updated to KitKat, it have been the same, no worst, no better. Which is good because the battery life has always been more than acceptable.
Anyone else notice any changes or issues since updating you LG OG Pro?

Brad Steele

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Battery life got extremely better. Went from 3% lost over 6hrs sleep, to 0-1% lost over 6hrs. I let it stay on the charger (never overnght) till the phone and charging block have cooled down. Then I can get about 4hrs of heavy usage before it dips below 100% (AE?) even before the KK update. I got four hrs of straight Pandora and minor texting while on two bars of 4g yesterday and lost 35%

LG0Gpro_2_AC

Attachments

• 1402249010332.jpg
    1402249010332.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 35

Brad Steele

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
One thing I should mention is I had my WiFi and mobile data turned off when the update push came through. I said yes and didn't have a chance to change the settings, everything dl'ed fine but when my phone restarted that little blue wheel stopped spinning and froze for about 7 seconds before it turned off. It boots up fine but turning off it seems like it freezes or just lags in turning the screen off.

This forum is in unacceptable condition, UNACCEPTABLE!!!!
12YRS DUNGEON, EVERYONE, NO TRIAL.

Billinok

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that you can no longer assign a color to the LED for a particular app....or did I miss it somewhere. You can assign a set color on text messages, calendar, and downloaded apps.

ntotrr

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that you can no longer assign a color to the LED for a particular app....or did I miss it somewhere. You can assign a set color on text messages, calendar, and downloaded apps.

So, I take it that your LED is at least working. Mine stopped working after the update. Coincidence or maybe it just broke?

ntotrr

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The LED on the home button seems to be permanently disabled. It's enabled in the settings but no longer works.

Update: I had thought that possibly the led light may have coincidentally malfunctioned at the time of the update to KitKat. I just checked and the light is functioning. It cycles through the colors startup and shutdown and also lights red when charged. What does not work is that the led will not light for any notifications even though it is set to do so.

JBaack

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have issues with the fact that the only way to get GPS to work now is to allow Google to receive anonymous location information?

Esjs

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
For me:

Major issue #1: My playlists were emptied after the update. They were still there but they all had zero songs in them. I couldn't find any way to recover them, so I guess I'm having to repopulate them manually.

Major issue #2: With the Quick Cover closed, a clock alarm will go for just a second and then get automatically snoozed. Seems similar to this: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=43430 and this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-sounding-sprint-gs4-after-kitkat-update.html

Last edited:

Billinok

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Here is my setting on the LED. Facebook messenger is now working after checking "downloaded apps"
Not able to select a user defined color though. Not a big deal, but I love the LED flashing on messages when the screen sleeps.

Attachments

• 23282.jpg
    23282.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 34

Brad Steele

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I now have it turned off, it stays off and no GPS location symbol in NB during phone call.

This forum is in unacceptable condition, UNACCEPTABLE!!!!
12YRS DUNGEON, EVERYONE, NO TRIAL.

yjy4321

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I Wanted to start a thread to see if anyone that has the official AT&T OTA update to 4.4.2 KitKat has any issues after the update, not getting the update downloaded or installed, but just any issues with the LG Optimus G Pro AFTER installing the update. I have been running it for 2 days now and have only seen the following issues:
1) The automatic brightness is way more conservative than it was before, at night I have to turn off auto brightness as it is to dim. ( maybe this is where they say better battery life in the channel change log)
2) I have been using the phone in the same places as usual for the past 2 days, my signal strength indicator is about 2 bars lower than it has been for the past 5 months. ( It could just be a coincidence, but it is definitely lower)
3) As far as battery life, other than the first day that I updated to KitKat, it have been the same, no worst, no better. Which is good because the battery life has always been more than acceptable.
Anyone else notice any changes or issues since updating you LG OG Pro?

I don't use auto brightness, so I am not sure about that.
I also have same problem. At my work, I used to get 4 bars with 4G. But now I get 1 bar with e...
Battery is about same or little bit worse than before, not noticeable.

Did you find out how to fix signal program?

jnyvio

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I was in my local att store the other day and every person in the store, regardless of which phone brand... Had issues with the Kitkat 4.4.2 update. Even the manager was fed up with the Kitkat 4.4.2 update complaints.

Anyways.. Here is another Major found problem with the Kitkat 4.4.2 update;

It appears Google has screwed with the Dalvik & Bionic files in Kitkat 4.4.2, either by taking out or altering java. This has been confirmed by running AnTuTu benchmark before and then after the update. After the update to Kitkat 4.4.2 the AnTuTu score dropped 4000 points. That is a major hit. There is a fix to restore the files but it requires root. Search my threads for more information. Hopefully a patch or 4.4.3 will address this issue. But I doubt it.

Last edited:

vaterp

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else notice that the bluetooth audio streaming is horrible?? Its virtually unusuable since the upgrade its so crackly and skippy. Anyone else notice this? Any fixes?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui