If specs are true, I want this

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm a sucker for a good display and a good camera. This is pretty much guaranteed to have a great display because of THIS announcement. The camera has a high MP count, but that doesn't mean that'll it'll perform well. The Optimus 4X is a letdown in this area, and I hope that LG remedies that.

And there's THIS.

Software is a non-issue, really, because even if you're stuck with ICS and LG's UI, it's not bad at all. And it'll probably be easy to root, too.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree if this device pans out and becomes reality with these specs its gonna turn some heads :)

phonegeek

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking of switching to TMO for their unlimited data plan but might rethink that if this is coming to AT&T... I like the specs on this!!!

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
This is interesting. And the way they described it is amazing! That's one hell of a super phone, 2GB ram, S4 SnapDragon, huge screen!:thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I want this too! Specs are amazing... been reading about it today a bit and i'm very impressed. Been thinking about upgrading to a quad core lte handset when they come to vzw and if the G does come to verizon i'm all over it! Honestly... I dont see the competition having much of a chance against this beast. Im getting more and more excited by the minute! Hurry up LG! Get this phone to the US ASAP!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Do I want JB? Yes. Is it deal breaker? Not in this case. If the camera is as good as they claim and the screen looks as nice as I suspect, I will get this phone, JB or no. But it would be great if they had to option to use the stock launcher like the Epic 4 G Touch does.

Considering this is a phone that practically no one is talking about (my Sprint rep didn't even know LG was releasing a quad core phone), I am very excited for the 19th.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Sealed battery and no SD slot. The latter isn't necessarily a deal breaker, but unless the battery has RAZR Maxx life, is a no go. A shame, it had so much promise.

EconomicMayhem

May 11, 2012
Visit site
The sealed battery stinks. 32gb might be enough for most people but it does suck not having the extra space.

Sent from my LG-F160S, LG Optimus LTE 2

EconomicMayhem

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Could LG have been somewhat forced to seal the battery inside due to the nature of the beast? This isn't your normal lithium ion battery if I'm not mistaken. Proper Recycling and disposal of the battery could have played a part in the final decision. I really don't know. I'm just speculating.

Sent from my LG-F160S, LG Optimus LTE 2

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The sealed battery is necessary if they want to put as large a battery as they can in the smallest volume they can fit it in. Without having a plastic shell, they can make the battery bag larger. Because it's LCD and not AMOLED, the thicker screen requires a sealed battery if they want to retain thinness. HTC went for a sealed battery for the same reason. Samsung's AMOLED screen allows them to offer a removable battery and still retain thinness.

If the Android OEM's start trying to compete with the iPhone 5 on thinness, sealed batteries may become the norm.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to look into portable battery chargers in lieu of spare batteries because I do like this phone and the Note 2 is probably too big for one handed use.

It's all going to come to the camera.