Sprint Optimus G Battery -- is it "Lithium-Ion" or "Li-Polymer"?

ImGreen

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
:confused:

I've seen the LG videos and the reviews and the posted specs for this Sprint and AT&T, but now that I'm looking carefully at the user guide and the "fact sheet" I see that the stated battery technology is "Lithium-Ion" or "Lithium Ion". Look at the user guide at page 15 in the second paragraph. Both of the documents that I'm refering to come from Sprint. However the "spec sheet" from LG.com does state "Li-Polymer" in the "Key Features" section. Again I think the Sprint docs must just have a typo (maybe they recycled some old LG documentation to create the new guide for the Optimus G.)

I'm hoping this is a typo but does anyone know for sure?

Sources:
Sprint "fact sheet" -- <I cannot access the site right now; file is attached>
Sprint User Guide -- <I cannot access the site right now; file is attached>
LG "eSpecSheet" -- http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/optimusg/eSpecSheet_LG_Optimus_G_Sprint.pdf (LG spec sheet is also attached.)

Attachments

• Sprint LG Optimus G fact sheet.pdf
    313.7 KB · Views: 7
  • optimus_g_by_lg_ug.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 2
  • eSpecSheet_LG_Optimus_G_Sprint.pdf
    192 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

JSchoey

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Hadn't come across those Sprint documents, but everything I've read says it's a Lithium Polymer battery. I'm guessing it's just a typo, but I'm not 100% sure either.

ImGreen

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It looks like official Sprint Twitter account has confirmed that the battery is Li-Po, but I still had to ask why the Sprint official docs state Li-Ion...

View attachment 44830

Attachments

• tweet-confirm-Li-Po.jpg
    tweet-confirm-Li-Po.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 50