Charge phone as soon as it arrives?

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered the LG Optimus G (Sprint) yesterday and a couple of minutes ago I got an e-mail with a tracking number stating that it will be delivered "Next Day Air"(hopefully I'll get it tomorrow morning).

Anyways my question is the moment I get the phone what should I do to extend life battery. Do I use the phone until the battery drains and then fully charge the phone? OR do I completely charge the phone first before even using it?

ImGreen

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Completely charge, completely drain, then completely charge. After those three cycles, it is better to keep topping it up as opposed to letting it drain at that point. Depending on where you look, there's always someone with a better idea that will give you better battery life...How Often Should I Charge My Gadget's Battery to Prolong Its Lifespan?

sleadge007 thanks or the link to the article... I was about to disagree with the first part of your advice but then I read the article before making a comment...

Something to add regarding keeping it cool: Now this may not work if you drive alone but if you use the GPS especially for a long trip I recommend that you position the phone near of or in the path of your air conditioning vent. In my case I'm the navigator usually so I just hold the phone in front of the vent to act as an air cooler. Even if you just hold it in the air stream every once in a while it helps keep the phone cool. I have done this with all my past phones and it seems to have worked well on trips as long as 10 hours. I've never had to buy a replacement battery for any of my phones and I usually use my phones for 18mo 2 yrs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zatarabr