Considering trading in my Samsung GS3 for the Lg Optimus G...

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I like the GS3, but the build quality is just kind of cheap to me. Way too plastic-y

I played with the Optimus G today in store, and it felt and looked a bit more premium.
It was also INCREDIBLY fast... everything was instant. I was impressed.

Looks like I can probably get $350 or so for my GS3 and the Optimus G is on craigslist and sites now for $400... so that's not too bad of an "upgrade"

Am I stupid in making such a decision? GS3 is so proven and successful and already has Jelly Bean... who knows how long until LG Optimus G gets it.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am looking at something similar....still on the fence.

The camera is worse on the G, and a big one for me is developer support. I am not sure where that is gonna go. I know it is rooted but the bootloader is an unknown.

I am gonna stick with the proven SGS3 I think or go for the Note 2

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I messed with the Sprint Optimus G camera in store and really didn't see it as any worse than the GS3

My main concerns are that it's unproven and battery life.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have not messed with it at all, but every review says it is worse than the GS3.

Unproven I can understand, battery life I would not worry about. It will be as good if not better than that SG3

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Read the Android central Review....

EDIT: even the one you posted said this:

Even though it?s a close race in the still image department, when it comes to high-definition 1080p video recording, Sammy?s flagship shows us that it?s the more preferable device for the occasion. Winning in almost every noteworthy area, Sammy?s smartphone delivers the goods with its more crisp details ? whereas it?s a bit more faint and soft with the LG Optimus G. Furthermore, LG?s offering is plagued by more heavy artifacting when panning.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If all goes well I will have the og this weekend I like the s3 a lot and its full of great features but I want something built a little better

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, I want something built a little better with a premium feel and look to it... and the Optimus G trumps the GS3 in this department.

Not in a major rush though, so any input I can find on forums or online will be key

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, I want something built a little better with a premium feel and look to it... and the Optimus G trumps the GS3 in this department.

Not in a major rush though, so any input I can find on forums or online will be key

See I disagree. I think the sgs has a better look. Yeah the feel could be better, but I care more about the inside instead of the outside, as long as it isn't hideous like the g'zone

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

dhughes

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I had the optimus g and took it back and got the gs3. The main reason is because the camera on the g is really bad. One other reason is the lack of exposure the g has. There are no good cases or accessory items. I had to go to three at&t stores to find the optimus g even available for sale. I will say it was blazing fast, had a great feel and the software ui is nice but I could not get past the two things I mentioned above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
that's a great point... it definitely does not have the exposure. i think that goes understated when buying a phone...

i guess i just get bored with technology and always want to be trying something new. with that said, I'd say the GS3 will have better resell value going into 2013 than the Optimus G would... just goes to show you how prominent the GS3 is

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I know this is the wrong way to go sorta, but I bet on eBay you can find a ton of accessories for the butterfly.

Yes the resell for the sgs3 is going to be much higher

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis