LG Optimus G and Google wallet

Geejay22

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Why does the sprint LG Optimus G have no Google Wallet support.... I see it has NFC but no Gwallet? Does anyone know what's up?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

Geejay22

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying so side load it onto my phone. But I think that I will have to root and flash it on there maybe... But to me it isn't worth it.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm just hoping that update from Google or LG will fix this issue don't know if it's the app or the phone isn't certified

bobojay

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, first post here. I believe Wallet is carrier dependent if they want it on the phone or not.
I know Sprint & Verizon, there may be others, are doing their own version of a wallet type setup so they naturally want you to use theirs.

Don't take this as scripture, but I'm pretty sure that's correct.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
It's not carrier dependent but some carriers block wallet like Verizon and at&t but sprint is one of the few here in the US that allows it. I believe it's just our of hasn't been certified to use Google wallet. My hope is that the zv9 update rectifies this issue

AndreaCristiano

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, first post here. I believe Wallet is carrier dependent if they want it on the phone or not.
I know Sprint & Verizon, there may be others, are doing their own version of a wallet type setup so they naturally want you to use theirs.

Don't take this as scripture, but I'm pretty sure that's correct.

You are correct its carrier Dependant

from my Nexus7 while my Optimus rests

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Just saying it's a carrier dependency is a bit off. If that were the case a nexus 4 on att wouldn't be able to use Google Wallet. Carriers do block Wallet from their devices but I can bet it's also a device dependency also. That's why every us sgs3 can run wallet if they change the product names to that of the sprint model. Just like sprint supports Waller but the og doesn't have it just like the note 2 didn't until a later update came out and unlocked it. Their has to be a certification procedure for each device to use it.

bobojay

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Just saying it's a carrier dependency is a bit off. If that were the case a nexus 4 on att wouldn't be able to use Google Wallet. Carriers do block Wallet from their devices but I can bet it's also a device dependency also. That's why every us sgs3 can run wallet if they change the product names to that of the sprint model. Just like sprint supports Waller but the og doesn't have it just like the note 2 didn't until a later update came out and unlocked it. Their has to be a certification procedure for each device to use it.

Get your point, but the Nexus 4 is not a "carrier dependent" phone. It a Google phone that you can use on either AT&T or T-Mobile. The sim chip has nothing to do with G Wallet certification.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I understand that the sim doesn't matter if I was just using the nexus 4 as an example. A better example would be the s3 which with root any us version can run Google Wallet. All they do is add libs and change the vendor I'd to that of the sprint version.

Boom Shakalaca

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
you can get google wallet go to the internet through your nfc phone and type in google wallet and when you see the play store on the list click on it and click play store again and it will check if your compatible

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay