Messaging or Keyboard issue?

megamaster5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes when I'm typing a message, it will automatically go back to the start of the message. This happens often, and when it does, nothing seems to fix it except waiting. For example: I'll be typing here... And then the rest will end up before the I'll. I don't know how. I've tried different keyboards and messaging apps and happens with both.

Evilgoose

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
When I had my phone, sent it back to be replaced due to a bad screen and running hot, it didn't do that for me. It did, however, have a weird glitch where it thought I was holding down the backspace even though I was typing. This happened about 3 times. Each time I would be typing in a rather fast pace and would mess up a letter so I would tap the backspace really quick and keep on typing; the phone thought otherwise and would begin to delete the majority of my message but would stop after about a second.

It could be another problem my phone was having. I'd keep running tests on your phone and making sure it's not human error before getting more concerned. But if you have already exhausted that then I would consider contacting LG and asking them. Although when I did that they didn't get back to for about a week.

anon(4936081)

May 10, 2010
Visit site
It's a bug in the Messaging app. It's been discussed in this form and on XDA

Messaging Issue - xda-developers

It'll likely be fixed with the JellyBean update (whenever that comes) or it resolves if you use a third party SMS app like GO SMS Pro.

Hope that helps - don't return the phone, it's not hardware related.

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I have experienced the same issue but it only happens to me at night, or so it seems. I have tried a couple of different keyboards but all the same. I dunno. Its just annoying.