Jelly Bean update

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
This thing is like butter already on ICS. I can't wait to see it with Project Butter. Not to mention, if they fix the known issuses now with JB i will be extatic.

nirad

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
When I bought mine there was a guy from LG at the store and he said it should roll out around the end of the month

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

steev89

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My phone is on at&t. I decided to ask LG themselves and this was their reply. Not sure what they would say fro the sprint side.

Steven, no word has been received yet when we should even expect the OS Jellybean Update.

I would simply continue checking periodically with us until we can tell you for sure when to expect it.

We are available by email or toll free 24/7 at 1-800-243-0000.

Thank you and be blessed, Steven!

batmanxgr

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Don't need jellybean. The LG Optimus needs a patch to fix some bugs. But, an OS update is not needed. Its like saying, the original EVO would be better with an ICS update. It wouldn't. Matter of fact it would either run like crap or Sense would have to be removed. Now that's not the case with the Optimus but, jellybean is not going to make the this ...less than one month old phone seem...NEW??

There's more than meet the eye with this phone. Play with the options.

Last edited:

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
My phone is on at&t. I decided to ask LG themselves and this was their reply. Not sure what they would say fro the sprint side.

Steven, no word has been received yet when we should even expect the OS Jellybean Update.

I would simply continue checking periodically with us until we can tell you for sure when to expect it.

We are available by email or toll free 24/7 at 1-800-243-0000.

Thank you and be blessed, Steven!

Typical corporate speak blah blah blah... can't get a straight answer from any company nowadays. Hope you guys get it soon. JB is quite smooth and fast.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Don't need jellybean. The LG Optimus needs a patch to fix some bugs. But, an OS update is not needed. Its like saying, the original EVO would be better with an ICS update. It wouldn't. Matter of fact it would either run like crap or Sense would have to be removed. Now that's not the case with the Optimus but, jellybean is not going to make the this ...less than one month old phone seem...NEW??

There's more than meet the eye with this phone. Play with the options.

If nothing else, Jelly Bean would add Google Now. That alone would make this phone like "new".

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Meh had jelly bean on the s3 and traded it for this the phone is fast as heck now I really don't think project butter will be very noticeable but I want the notifications that's it. Google now is cool but not all that
Edit
Let me clarify what I was trying to say Google now is a great feature to have but we already have 95 percent of the functionality of 4.1-2 so I see no reason to go crazy waiting over an update. Enjoy your phones live your lives and before you know it you will get an update notification that jellybean is ready for your phone and the whole waiting process can start all over because Google will have 4.3 or whatever their going to number it out. And if you bought this phone with hopes for a quick release if jellybean I think you bought the wrong phone. But if you bought this phone because of the insanely food screen its fast as heck and just plain awesome then what do you have to complain about

Last edited:

tientsdo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely agree,have been using Nexus 7 with 4.2.1 overclocked,the LGOG is lot faster and I'm really enjoyed LG UI with all the extras,do not miss JB at all

tientsdo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Meh had jelly bean on the s3 and traded it for this the phone is fast as heck now I really don't think project butter will be very noticeable but I want the notifications that's it. Google now is cool but not all that
Edit
Let me clarify what I was trying to say Google now is a great feature to have but we already have 95 percent of the functionality of 4.1-2 so I see no reason to go crazy waiting over an update. Enjoy your phones live your lives and before you know it you will get an update notification that jellybean is ready for your phone and the whole waiting process can start all over because Google will have 4.3 or whatever their going to number it out. And if you bought this phone with hopes for a quick release if jellybean I think you bought the wrong phone. But if you bought this phone because of the insanely food screen its fast as heck and just plain awesome then what do you have to complain about
Absolutely agree,have been using Nexus 7 with 4.2.1 overclocked,the LGOG is lot faster and I'm really enjoyed LG UI with all the extras,do not miss JB at all

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site

This phone is faster but there's lots of times where it studders and I think JB would probably help with it. Plus Google Now is awesome.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yes jb should help with the stutters and I've only noticed dropped frames while using the stock launcher, with animations set to off

steev89

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd update and say I asked them again since some people on the interwebs were saying late December. LG is still saying there is no ETA saying it depends on carrier blah blah etc. So no one knows yet

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that seems to be the standard line from all manufacturers for all upgrades... There seem to be only two answers for timelines:

1) Currently Available
2) Undetermined

It amazes me that they can stay in business without having a plan for releases... whether working on their own, or working with the carriers.

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hmm that's news to me. Since when is the Optimus S can handle jb? Wouldn't it be too much as far as memory is concerned just saying.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2