texting issue with stock sprint optimus G

cakissling

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I am having a weird issue when typing a text message both in popup and in text message proper where the cursor randomly jumps back to beginning and messes up my message. I was using stock swype keyboard and now I am using swiftkey swype beta with fewer occurrences but it still happens. I thought maybe I kept fat-fingering it or accidentally touching text box while swyping but I do not think thats the case. Is anyone else having this issue and/or know of any solutions? Other than this I love this phone and I cannot wait for jelly bean update. Thanks.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
That's a known issue with zv8 hopefully we get an update soon to fix it, Because this bug can be quite annoying. Only thing I can think is to try a replacement messaging app that may fix you issue for a short period.I know I don't have that issue when I text via Google voice

Josh Collins

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I am having this texting issue too. I downloaded Swype 3 to help with it, but it still does it. I get a couple words in and then all of a sudden I am typing before the words I just typed.

Freaking ruining my opinion of this great phone.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If your on sprint rooted and unlocked zv9 has been released and it fixes the messaging bug. If not the the tot file is available for those who don't want to root. You can find both or a link to both on xda

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar