Battery on lgog?

jleliekelly

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I have seen threads on concepts to help with battery life on the at&t version and i have eco set, used task killer, etc - but i saw the at&t version had an app you could have which helped with the life.....it didn't work on mine hut is there anything like that? Thanks and sorry if this is repeat

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
The task killer is probably using as much power as it is saving... in modern operating systems (like Android) having a program in memory uses no more power than empty memory, so the only thing being saved is the processing power for any background tasks being performed, which are pretty minimal for most apps... and the trade-off is you now have a task killer that is constantly looking for tasks to kill. :)

One thing to consider... the radio(s). Turn off any radios you are not using (GPS, Bluetooth, wi-fi, NFC or 3g/4g data) On a different phone, I shut off all data connections, and suddenly could get a couple of days off a charge instead of 1 day. So, I started using airplane mode extensively on that phone and got great battery life, and only a short delay when I needed online access. On my Optimus G (Sprint), I use Juice Defender to turn off the radios when the screen is blank except when it turns them on periodically to allow notifications and updates. Something like Juice Defender is good as long as you don't need instant email notifications etc. If you can wait 15 minutes for data notifications, you can save your battery with an app like this. Additionally, if there are things you need occasionally, but can usually do without, try finding a good widget set to toggle those radios more easily when you need to swap them instead of manipulating via the menus.

Another thing to consider. I assume the AT&T version is able to manipulate settings with the NFC tags like the Sprint version, you may want to use that capability to manipulate settings depending on where you are... the down side is that then you must keep NFC turned on for the few times when you need to switch modes... I suspect that NFC is pretty low power, so it is worth considering, I just haven't tried it yet.

jleliekelly

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Awesome thanks. The only "task killer" i use is always the ones on the phone. I am a firm believer in juice defender but with my last phone it did not play well with the system. I will reinstall and try that- i have everything turned off (bluetooth, nfc) that i don't use and run wifi in my house cause i need an airrave otherwise no signal sprint data still not a help. Ugh! Lol Im new to this phone and brand - have only had htcs and sammys in the past- feel a little lost and new. I appreciate the help. :)

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
My previous (under-powered) phones had better battery life, and I assumed I would give up some battery life to get a quad processor at 1.5 ghz. :)

Since it sounds like you are in a low signal area, you may want to do like I have and disable the 4G... System Menu -> More -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode... then select CDMA. It is only an assumption, but I hope that if it doesn't continually search for 4G, it should help.

jleliekelly

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Low signal? Im in the center of the earth! Lol, i will try that as well - usually i just carry a spare battery but not so much this time. :)
I will learn, just need a few days. :)
Ty!

georgetanner

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Weak signals can definitely affect things. Mostly because of how long it keeps the data radio active to transfer the data (turning on Wi-Fi in a weak signal area is your best bet)

The biggest thing to look for is whether an app is holding your phone from going to sleep. These are known as wake locks.

Grab an app that can show you what is holding your phone awake.

I recommend Gsam battery monitor, but that's because I'm the author :) Better battery stats does a great job as well. A simple app like cpu spy will also show you how long your phone spends in deep sleep. You want this to be as high as possible.

On my Sprint lgog, I get 36 hours average on a charge. Not too shabby...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357957377368.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357957377368.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 54

jleliekelly

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I will check it out.. im currently at 79% and its been off charger for 4 hours.....will not even moderate use.

Love the app.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm