04-15-2013 09:09 AM
33 12
tools
    This phone is pretty awesome. Would I give it up for another phone? Probably only the g pro but that about it. Mine got super hot once while playing a super dynamic game for 2-3 hours while charging. But not even that slowed the phone. All in all the optimus g is a beast.

sent from my phone as hot as the sun
    TheyStoleMyName likes this.
    04-12-2013 02:04 PM
    I've taken a great deal of interest in this thread as I have an upgrade due with ATT (I'm jumping ship from Windows Phone) and cannot bring myself to spend $200-$250 on the HTC One or GS4. It's very encouraging to hear all of the positive comments as my main worry with this device has been it's durability as there seem to be a number of reports of glass cracking on this phone. Really would like to pick it up at the current $99 price point as it seems to pack more power than the S3 for the same money.
    04-12-2013 11:19 PM
    I've taken a great deal of interest in this thread as I have an upgrade due with ATT (I'm jumping ship from Windows Phone) and cannot bring myself to spend $200-$250 on the HTC One or GS4. It's very encouraging to hear all of the positive comments as my main worry with this device has been it's durability as there seem to be a number of reports of glass cracking on this phone. Really would like to pick it up at the current $99 price point as it seems to pack more power than the S3 for the same money.
    I've dropped my sprint og on tile at shoulder height with no case. Was expecting to be some cracks on either side but luckily not a scratch.

sent from my phone as hot as the sun
    04-12-2013 11:31 PM
    Id just guess that it has to fall in the right area. Similar to any screen on any smartphone nowadays there all glass and mostly gorilla glass. Ive seen busted screens on a lot of phones for many different reasons. At least theres some barriers around the edges unlike the iphone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    04-13-2013 11:18 AM
    I've had the phone for about a month. I've been impressed with the speed and the screen. I came from the Nexus S. I liked the native Android. But I have to admit... The LG software makes some processes much nicer.... Get an Otter Box. The phone is made of glass... Gorilla glass... But glass none the same. I think this is a quality build. But for 30-40 bucks? Protect it. I seriously considered the S3. Even waiting for the S4. But.... I really couldn't be happier. A solid phone.... And if you have good exposure to an LTE market..... I think you will be pleased.
    04-13-2013 03:47 PM
    I'm with Sprint.... I reread your post about being with ATT. The phone have slightly different dimensions.... But I bet Otter Box makes one for both. Good luck on your choice.
    04-13-2013 04:14 PM
    I'm with Sprint.... I reread your post about being with ATT. The phone have slightly different dimensions.... But I bet Otter Box makes one for both. Good luck on your choice.
    Unfortunately, they don't. On the Otterbox site for the one case they do have it says "DOES NOT FIT LG Optimus G E970 (AT&T)". So I guess I'll be stuck with whatever I can scrounge up on Amazon. Body Glove doesn't even make the case they used to carry for it in the AT&T stores any more.
    04-13-2013 09:23 PM
    OPTIMUS G-- great for games, great for movies, UI is awesome, good battery and overall A BEAST!
    04-15-2013 09:09 AM
33 12