I am am/was a happy Windows Phone 8 user. Due to work obligation, I had to get either an iPhone or Android device due to some apps that I need. I went with the S3, but have until tomorrow to exchange it. The Optimus G on on ATT is so intriguing to me because of the hardware. Having a quad core processor and 2GB Ram seems appealing as a phone that will have a longer shelf life if I need it today. Of course not having Jellybean is the thing that holds me back. I am in IT, and I know I can root the phone and load a ROM however not sure that is something I want to waste my time on.

Anyone on here use both phones, and if so what would you do?
    03-17-2013 02:21 PM
    I was a big fan of Windows Phone as well, but just couldn't live without some of the apps I want that are not available on Windows Phone. It's a shame.
    Anyway, on to Androids. I owned the S3 and got rid of it after 5 days. I didn't like the form factor, and the battery life felt lacking. There was also something I just couldn't put my finger on but I just didn't like the phone. Maybe it was the fact that it was so hyped and when I finally got it, I was very underwhelmed even compared to my HTC OneX that I would have kept if the WiFi didn't suck.
    Then I got the Optimus G. The screen is beautiful. It is amazingly fast. I love the form factor and feel of the phone. The only issue is the fact that the phone is not extremely popular, so OS updates may never come. After a few days of using it, I decided it was something I could absolutely live with. I would love to have an update, but my life isn't exciting enough to make Google Now all that useful. I don't need to know when I have to leave to get to the airport. Maybe I'm missing something with the popularity of Google Now, or maybe it's just not for me.
    Get the Optimus G, throw in a 64GB microSD and enjoy the hell out of the phone.
    03-17-2013 03:58 PM
    I would love to have an update, but my life isn't exciting enough to make Google Now all that useful. I don't need to know when I have to leave to get to the airport. Maybe I'm missing something with the popularity of Google Now, or maybe it's just not for me.
    hahaha Wow that's exactly true... I'm looking forward to Google Now "just because" but whenever I stop and think about it I come to that very same conclusion about my life.

In regards to the original poster's question about the Optimus G though - here in Canada we have the one which is mostly like the Sprint device and I know you're looking at the AT&T version - but generally I love this phone and can't say enough good things about it. One thing you may have noticed though is that case selection is somewhat limited for the Optimus G even online. My initial impressions is that the problem is even more pronounced with the AT&T version. I've found one I like so it's not a big deal for me but if that's important to you then it's something to be aware of.
    03-18-2013 08:47 AM