HTC Inspire 4G to the LG Optimus G

vgking96

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey, all.

I couldn't discern which device forum I should post this in so, I figured it'd be the main phone this is about. I'm upgrading to the AT&T Optimus G from an Inspire 4G (Desire HD), which, in it's time, was up where the Optimus G is now. I like to keep with the higher end of Android devices, as I am an avid geek and am more comfortable with the power and capabilities of those devices. I'm completely sold on upgrading. I just have a few curiosities as to what my experience will be like once I make the transition. My three main points are these: How much of a difference will I notice with the bigger size day to day (in terms of unwieldiness, pocketablility, etc), how much improved (if at all) is the camera, and will I find a lacking in the way LG's UI is layed out as opposed to HTC's? I'm definitely a fan of HTC, but the One is going to be a bit much for my budget right now, when it ships. I love how integrated it is with the OS and am just wary of how much of a leap forward or back this will be. I can imagine some might wonder why I don't go for the One X+ and if you compare the differences between it and the Optimus, you'll see why. Overall, the Inspire was a great phone and it's made the past year and a half fly by, but it's very outdated, by Android standards, and makes me feel lacking as a tekkie. The Optimus seems like a highly worthy device to take its place and usher me into the next era of Android over the next year and a half.

Thanks again!

phillyundead

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I was using a optimus g for a few weeks and I'd have to say that the camera is awesome but the camera from my HTC droid incredible 2 was way better. HTC seems to have a thing for making amazing cameras. Now I'm on an LG motion and the camera on this is almost identical to the optimus g. In my opinion LG's layout is the second best after HTC. I'm a huge HTC fan but at them moment the only HTC on metro PCS is the wildfire and that's a terrible phone. I'm not an LG fan but HTC is by far a better Android.

Sent from my LG Motion 4G from Tapatalk 2.

vgking96

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
HTC seems to have a thing for making amazing cameras...
,but HTC is by far a better Android.

I totally agree with you. After all, HTC was the first to make an Android device (G1) and under Google's contracting, no less. My only big gripes are the lack of SD card slots in their current and upcoming devices and they aren't quite as zippy, from what I hear, as the the other heavy hitters. As for the UI, I might just root and find a Sense layover.

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

vgking96

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
If anyone can utilize a current LG device camera and a current HTC camera and compare the two (similar pixel densities appreciated) to clearly discern the quality of the two, I'd really appreciate it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I went from a HTC Inspire to the LGOG. The only thing I miss about my Inspire is the camera.

As it happens my SD card just failed. This is the same card I used for over two years in my Inspire. I had used 14 of the 32GB. Fortunately, thanks to auto upload in Google+ (plus various cloud back ups), I know I did not lose everything.

Of course now I am wondering if this phone has known issues with external storage. Probably not (haven't found anything in the forums). Memory cards fail all the time. Lesson: always back up your data.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey, all.

My three main points are these: How much of a difference will I notice with the bigger size day to day (in terms of unwieldiness, pocketablility, etc), how much improved (if at all) is the camera, and will I find a lacking in the way LG's UI is layed out as opposed to HTC's?
Thanks again!

I came to the LG OG from an AT&T One X. You wont notice much of a size difference, but if you go naked it will feel slippery and not as comfortable (Square vs round). Camera was better on my One X but the OG still does a good job of capturing my running kids. Sense, IMO, is awesome and looks awesome. I've gotten used to LG's UI and i can say it is much faster/smoother when swiping and tapping around, and this is in ECO Mode (2 cores). You can always get an app to mimic Sense or use a stock type launcher like Nova.

When i use the OG, the screen, speed, power and sd card expandablity made the switch completely worth it. Much better than the old Thrill and Nitro. I might stick with LG this time (had an Aria and One X)

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay