Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Issues/Bugs for Optimus G on Sprint

ncameron7

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
After being forced to update to 4.1.2 a day or two ago. I've had nothing but problems. I'm above average an have experience with rooting so I've had problems when updates come around and am aware that nothing is ever perfect the first time. However, I can't even make a phone call. When I had ICS, I could usually get medium signal and text with no problems. Now I can't even make a call as is constantly drops to "no signal". Phone calls don't come through and google chrome goes black but keeps playing the audio when watching a video. Jelly Bean to me isn't any better and all it has caused is problems. I've tried updating PRL, Firmware...etc... nothing fixes it. I factory reset it and it was good for about 3 hours then texts stop coming in and no one could call me.

Please advise.

FryGuy66

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any calling problems, but my wi fi is buggy as all hell now. Also, some game are having problems now....the sounds are there but the screen is black.

Foxtrot616

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I received the update earlier this week. Google Now and all search capability was messed up. Carrier reset. Everything works fine. Not noticing any real changes now... Either better or worse. Battery life, performance, wifi all seem consistent. I guess I have the better security I'm told JB provides.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

ncameron7

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Well. After a day of tinkering, resetting, and so forth. I took it to the sprint store were they accused me of rooting it. No numbers are present on the phone when looking for the ESN..etc. Since upgrading to Jelly Bean legally, I haven't been able to do anything. I have heard the same thing about battery drain as a few of you posted but my phone is seriously messed up now. I remember in January it was a pain in the ass to activate. For some reason it couldn't do it through the hands free. Took a few attempts manually using the ## dial method. Tomorrow I am going to the "corporate" store in Flint where they have "more authority". I don't have insurance because I'm generally smart/savvy enough to fix this kinda on my own and it's NOT my fault that I was forced in to an update thate didn't go right. To me, it should be under a manufacturer's warranty just like a vehicle even without insurance on the phone.

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
To me, it should be under a manufacturer's warranty just like a vehicle even without insurance on the phone.

I think you probably have it partly right... I don't know about LG, but Samsung has a 1 year warranty. Unfortunately, all you will get from Sprint is guidance to contact the hardware vendor (i.e. LG in this case).

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
It's funny that after every update of Android for every phone there are always complaints of battery draining faster... among battery life sux now... or battery drains in 3 hours...

Somehow my battery life has been the same as with ICS. I must be doing something wrong.

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
It's funny that after every update of Android for every phone there are always complaints of battery draining faster... among battery life sux now... or battery drains in 3 hours...

I have noticed this as well. There also always seem to be claims of better battery life (as I have seen for this update). :)

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but how exactly do I make one of these posts? I have troubles with my phone but I'm not sure how to ask anyone for help such as your post.

Go up one level to the list of forum topics, and on the top right you will see a link called "Forum Tools" click on it, and one of the options will be "Post a New Thread" click on that, and you will be good to go.

atmuris

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Two of my phones had the same problem after getting the JB OTA update, first time sprint store representatives told me that I tried to root the phone and hence it bricked, had to argue with them for quite some time to get the replacement phone and the second one had the same issue on the 4th day. ESN, IMEI, MEID everything zeroed out.

peligro88

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
this is concerning Because since i was forced to update to JB from IcS ive had Nothing but issues. i to have not noticed any battery draining. but i am constantly losing my data connection, my wifi is extremely sluggish, and when my bars are full my internet is Still sluggish. i've had the same issue where sound plays but the screen goes dark. i've tried to update everything. power off, reset, factory reset. nothing works. i'm actually mad about this and hope it's fixed soon. Does anyone have any suggestions?