Sound on silent

Bill McIlvaine

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I just got this phone, and I use my phone to play music at work. I have everything on silent but whenever I plug it into the speakers it goes into headphone mode and everytime I get a call/text/e-mail the notifications blast through the restaurant. My boss is getting pissed

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I just got this phone, and I use my phone to play music at work. I have everything on silent but whenever I plug it into the speakers it goes into headphone mode and everytime I get a call/text/e-mail the notifications blast through the restaurant. My boss is getting pissed

Lol... I can just picture your boss getting pissed! Have you checked your settings AFTER you are connected to your speakers? Perhaps turn off notifications for for texts and email... inconvenient.. I know.

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
In the settings menu to go to sound then look for the option known as quiet time or something like that and turn it on. It should work I think. If not look for third party apps in the Google market.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

1of7627

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if you're up for trying this, but it might solve your problem.

I've used a volume control app called "AudioManager Pro" for years. It contains sliders to control volume of the various functions, Alarms, Ringer, Alerts, Media, whatever. You can also create profiles with saved settings. I just tried a simple test with my phone. First, I opened up the app and made sure the Alerts slider was all the way up (full volume). Then, I started the music player using the on-board speaker. I then sent my phone an email. When the notification came in, I heard it over the music. Next, I opened the audiomanager app again and slid the Alerts slider all the way down (volume off). With the music player still playing, I sent another email and this time I didn't hear the notification (apparently because the volume was turned off) over the music. Might do the trick for you. (I never liked the way the default Android app controlled volume.)

It's a fee paid app, but I recommend it. (There's a free one too, but it might not have enough functionality.) The market page on it is here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...WRhcHBzLmF1ZGlvd2lkZ2V0cHJvIl0&token=eMgVbxag.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance