I've been having some charging issues with my Optimus G lately but it seems to be happening sporadically. I'll plug it in, walk away and then come back an hour later and the battery has increased a few percent.

I'm obviously going through various trouble shooting techniques trying to figure out if I maybe have a bad cable or charger etc. but it's so sporadic it's not always obvious. Sometimes it just seems to charge slower than I think it used to.

Would somebody be willing to do me a favour? Could you download and install Current Widget, drop the widget onto their homescreen and then while charging with the stock charger/cable tell me the number (mA) that it's showing? Maybe press "update" a few times and give me a ballpark number(s)? I'm trying to figure out whether my phone is drawing the right amount of power using various chargers that I have but not sure what "normal" should be.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntwidget&hl=en

Thank-you I'd appreciate it!!
    06-10-2013 07:38 PM
    I'll give it a go for you, but I don't have a charger at work and will have to wait until I get home tonight. Can post the info for you tomorrow. (I've loaded the app.) Do you want me to try any other chargers besides the stock one? Just let me know. - MarkC
    06-11-2013 11:11 AM
    Just the stock one should be ok - Thank-you!
    06-11-2013 12:03 PM
    Exact same thing happened to me a week ago! It's actually the lg socket! I tried a apple socket and it works again! So yeah it's your socket idk what's up with them

Posted via Android Central App
    06-11-2013 08:22 PM
    Okay, I recorded some numbers for you with my phone (Sprint Optimus G) using the stock charger. I repeatedly hit the "update" button while watching and got a rather wide range of numbers. While charging, the widget showed anywhere from 372MA to 569MA with most readings in the mid-to-high 400 range. The battery voltage showed a consistent 4.203V. (Not charging, the range was 242MA to 389MA with most in the low 300 range.) Hope this is of some use to you. My phone hasn't had any problem charging.
    06-12-2013 09:45 AM
    While charging, the widget showed anywhere from 372MA to 569MA with most readings in the mid-to-high 400 range.
    Actually yeah that's pretty helpful actually. Thank-you! I'm getting similar results actually with my stock charger when it's working fine but it seems significantly lower when the problem appears - more like between 150mA - 300mA. So next time the problem appears I can start swapping around my chargers to prove that it's definitely where the defect lies and then look into replacing it (I don't have any other 1.2A chargers at home which was why I was having trouble getting a baseline)

Thanks again for your time!
    06-12-2013 04:08 PM
    Exact same thing happened to me a week ago! It's actually the lg socket! I tried a apple socket and it works again! So yeah it's your socket idk what's up with them
    Thanks for the confirmation that you've experienced similar behaviour. I suspect I'm going to narrow mine down to the same issue.
    06-12-2013 04:09 PM
    Thanks again - I have proven to myself that it's definitely a problem with the charger. When I charge from a very low batter (maybe 35% or so) it doesn't seem to draw enough juice from the stock charger. Swapping chargers fixes the issue and I can watch the mA on the widget jump significantly to where it should be.

Also, just noticed after unplugging the stock charger from the outlet it makes a weird buzzing noise for about 30 seconds. I'd say it's toast.
    06-13-2013 12:29 PM
    Yeah no problem! I was scared that something was wrong with my phone to the point I factory reset it! But at least it's empty like new again haha! But yeah lg should find a solution to its sockets!

Posted via Android Central App
    06-13-2013 02:21 PM