Unfortunately settings has stopped

Don Broussard

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
My phone is not rooted. I installed whoisit to be able to differentiate ring tones for different people. It did not seem to work, my phone went straight to vibrate anytime anyone called it. So I tried to go into settings and I get "unfortunately settings has stopped".

Unistalled the app, reboot, etc., same issue. Any ideas?

1of7627

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
You might try booting your phone into "Safe Mode" to see if any application is interfering with your entering Settings. To do this, restart the phone and when the boot animation appears, press and hold the "down" volume button until the phone boots. You should then see the words "Safe Mode" in the lower left corner of the home screen. One booted, try Settings again and see if it lets you in.

FYI, you can set unique ring tones for each contact within the native Contacts app. You don't need a 3rd party app. Just open Contacts, locate the one you want to set a ringtone for, then press the edit button (pencil icon) at the top and scroll all the way to the bottom of the contact record to see where the ringtone is set.

THE 5CARECROW

May 8, 2016
Visit site
My phone is not rooted. I installed whoisit to be able to differentiate ring tones for different people. It did not seem to work, my phone went straight to vibrate anytime anyone called it. So I tried to go into settings and I get "unfortunately settings has stopped".

Unistalled the app, reboot, etc., same issue. Any ideas?

Try clearing its data

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro