Hello everyone. It was time for an upgrade on my line so my wife decided to surprise me and picked me up an LG Optimus G. I had one a while ago but didn't use it so I sold it. Now I have a brand new one and havnt even opened it yet. She bought it last Tuesday so I still have a few days to return it. I am just wondering if some of you can give me your honest opinions of the phone. My other option is to return it and get an HTC One or completely return it and save my upgrade. Please be honest and tell me if the Optimus is a good phone or if I should return it four something else. This is why I turn to this Forum for questions like this and it really is a great Forum. Thanks to everyone for the help. Pros and Cons will be greatly appreciated. It really is a gorgeous phone but want to make sure its the right move.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-25-2013 09:09 PM
    I love this phone but it does have it quirks. I hate the standard SMS app. Its slow and buggy. But that's easily replaced. I Dont hate the stock launcher but I would prefer something more AOSP ish so that was easy to replace. The battery life gets me through the day unless I play a lot of games or am roaming a lot. One of the main selling points of this phone for me was the dual screen dual play feature. I frequently hook my phone to the TV to watch a movie or video and being able to still text and tweet while the movie is going is huge. It does it flawlessly too. I once sat and watched zombieland while playing dead trigger (I guess I really wanted to kill some zombies that day) and it did it fairly well. There were a couple skipped frames on the TV but hardly noticeable. The main thing I Dont like about this phone is the lack of support for Google cloud music. I like to fill my phone with movies but I also like to listen to music. 32 GBs goes pretty far but it would be awesome if I could just leave my music in the cloud and not worry about it. I love this phone however, given the choice between this and the HTC one, I would choose the one. They are both extremely sexy devices but given the upgrade in resolution, CPU, and battery, I would take the one. Oh and another thing, pictures on this phone (with good light) are amazing. You can zoom in pretty far on pictures you've taken and not see blurt lines which is not the case with the ones fewer MPs. But the low light is sub par while the one kills it. I hope I could help.

Posted via Android Central App
    Hvacmanjc likes this.
    07-25-2013 10:04 PM
    I tried the One in the store and didn't like it. It is quite tall (because of the speakers) and has a strange button configuration. The LG has a more "classic" design with the three buttons. Also the screens are both 4.7 inches but the LG's is more "square" which I prefer. I ended up getting the LG, though I got it used (no contract). It is still extremely fast and I think one of the most underrated phones out there. I would say keep it but I think it comes down to which size/shape phone you like better.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Hvacmanjc likes this.
    07-26-2013 11:00 PM
    I'm between the G and the One on ATT right now. The G is less expensive but almost a year old at this point. The One is pretty new and has those front facing speakers. I really like the Optimus UI though and it has quick charging capabilities. I just hate being locked into a two year contract with an older phone model though.
    Hvacmanjc likes this.
    07-29-2013 09:08 AM
    I think AT&T's G is not quite as nice as Sprint's hardware-wise. On the bright side though you get mobile data.
    I got the LG for $210 off contract, which is less than I would have had to pay for the One after tax + activation fees etc. But again, I was kind of disappointed with the HTC. If you do like it, nothing wrong with signing the contract.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Hvacmanjc likes this.
    07-29-2013 09:24 PM
    Avoid HTC products like the plague!!! Nothing but junk..

just my 2 cents worth.
    Hvacmanjc likes this.
    08-06-2013 10:16 AM
    Get the LG options G pro if you don't mind the size. Its super fast and the screen is beautiful

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    Hvacmanjc likes this.
    08-06-2013 10:30 AM
    I chose the LG Optimus G. I liked htc, but the EVo 4G & EVO 3D had to be replaced 6-7 times each becuse of software and hardware issues and others i knew who had the same devices suffered the same fates. I like LG's UI better and really didn't like the htc ones UI. The Boom sound is not all that impressive either. The one has a 4megapixel camera which does ok in daylight but the "ultra" sensor allows for nicer night shots. The Optimus has a 13mp camera which does good during the day and ok at night. The One is $99 at bestbuy and the optimus is FREE, obviously with 2year aggreament. Just try it out yourself and see which you like.
    08-17-2013 06:03 PM
    DO NOT BUY THE HTC ONE! I returned mine for the Optimus , mine had speaker poping sounds and the sound quality sounded garbled and missed conversation pieces. I was told I had a defective phone.

Their quality control is crap.. No two phones are alike, goto sprint.com forums or read here you'll see.
    09-20-2013 01:23 AM
    While other factors may color your decision, don't let the age worry you. The Optimus G is as good as most newer phones.

LG's intent to keep it updated is in question. However, that can be dealt with by rooting.
    disney4life2005 likes this.
    09-20-2013 04:25 PM
    I have tried a lot of phones and the G is the hands down quickest and slickest of them all. It is definitely the most under rated, overlooked Android device out there. I think it outshines most of the supposedly top devices available, including the HTC One. I think many people overlook it because it is not pricey and people think that if something is expensive, it must be better but that is not how it works in the phone world.

Chris Arnold, Raun14 and nathaniz like this.
    09-20-2013 09:04 PM
    I have both, and both are ATT version. The deadly sin for the ATT version of the OG is its width. I'm running 4.3 CarbonROM on it. Without that, I'd not use it. The LG UI is dated and basically won't see updates from LG. HTC One is quite in a different league, with better battery, software, camera, and overall design.

I see the og as a nexus 4 with slightly better hardware. With it rooted, software-wise it's just like nexus 4.

ffejjj likes this.
    09-26-2013 05:03 PM
    HTC one is half a year old and I still haven't seen anything I'd choose over it. Best phone in my opinion

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    09-26-2013 05:11 PM