Optimus G serious Issues.

hydrogen3

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues with my Optimus G. I can not down load or update apps. I get an error message (packing file is invalid) Been on phone with technical support for 2 days. Tried all the trouble shooting steps. Factory reset, hard reset, clearing cash, removing updates etc. Ruby, the technician said after all the troubleshooting she can do nothing more.

The phone is less than 30 days old I paid full retail for it. I know i'm past my 14 day period but, i'm stuck with a phone I can't use. I have no other option but to purchase another phone at full retail.. unless I can get some sort of discount... I really need a phone today..

I knew I should of stayed with iPhone!

adamberns

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I have only seen this error on rooted devices with themes installed. The LGOG is better than the current iphone, period.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 4

Wayne173

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you trying to update over wifi only? Try your cellular network only. But i see you went back to your iphone. See if your router needs an update. If so update it. Try clearing your stored wifi ssid's rename your home network (hopefully you don't have al lot of devices hooked to it). Then search for the "new" network and try and download.

Posted via The OG

Wayne173

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm out of ideas man. I hate to see that the OG is giving you issues. Its not a perfect phone but i do feel it's better than the iPhone. Have you tried making another gmail account (grabbin at anything now) and sign in to that under your play store accounts? I've had one issue like that with my kid not being able to do certain things on her Android phone. Couldn't put a finger on it being her Google profile but a new one solved her issues....btw the play store wasn't one of her issues.

Posted via The OG

Wayne173

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Well i tried. It usually is something stupid and simple to fix it. But no....i won't be doing the iphone...been there didn't like it. I didn't drink too much of that coolaide. Still hoping that WebOS makes it back but Android is getting closer to that feel.

Posted via The OG

Marc30b

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem straight out the box with this i fixed it. Try clearing data on your google play store, google services and your download manager. Then update all your software crap throught the carrier. Sprint you can do it your self. Make sure your logged into google talk too. I fixed that then google disabled my account. ****ers.....so i changed my password.

Posted via Android Central App

likwidkool

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I had the issue. Its a known one with the play store now. Its not device dependent. I uninstalled Google play and just sideloaded the updated apk and its been working fine for me.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers