LG Optimus G or Galaxy S2?

pandora1

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm buying a new phone. I'm considering only those 2, because i like their look the most. Galaxy S2 or LG Optimus G. I know Optimus is more newer, but i'm not a heavy user. I have only those question.

1. Is the camera on Optimus G much better then on S2?
2. Can i have the same cool black S2 original theme, icons, keyboard layout and all stuff on Optimus G?
3. Which battery lasts longer?
4. From pictures i see the contrast on LG is much brighter then on Samsung? I prefer the Samsung. Can you change this on LG?

thanks for your help!

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm buying a new phone. I'm considering only those 2, because i like their look the most. Galaxy S2 or LG Optimus G. I know Optimus is more newer, but i'm not a heavy user. I have only those question.

2. Can i have the same cool black S2 original theme, icons, keyboard layout and all stuff on Optimus G?
4. From pictures i see the contrast on LG is much brighter then on Samsung? I prefer the Samsung. Can you change this on LG?

thanks for your help!

Like he said....not even in the same ballpark. The S2 is like 4 years old and has much lower specs in every way. Get the Optimus G and be done with it. You will not even remember the S2!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yea the s2 is junk now I use my old one as a paperweight lmao this phone is a BEAST!!! That's like comparing apples to oranges...

Sent from the beast that is the OG on 4.3.1 clocked at 1.89ghz on the best kernel ever written!

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

thanks for your help!

1.YES it's wayyy better OG 13mp S2 8MP.
2.No that's touchwiz Lgs ui is much better and smoother touchwiz is very laggy.
3.OG definitely has much better battery life I'm over clocked and mine lasts all day.
4.YES you can adjust this LG has one of the best camera apps out there right now.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Sent from the beast that is the OG on 4.3.1 clocked at 1.89ghz on the best kernel ever written!

Last edited:

pandora1

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Guys, are you sure the Optimus makes better pictures? I see all reviews are saying camera is just average. And on picture it seems the Galaxy S2 screen has much more warm colors...

putsometrebleinit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Guys, are you sure the Optimus makes better pictures? I see all reviews are saying camera is just average. And on picture it seems the Galaxy S2 screen has much more warm colors...

It really depends on which version of the OG you get. The camera on the AT&T version has an 8mp camera and as an owner of the phone I would say that it is average, but the fact that it has an average camera in it is definitely made up for by the fact that the hardware in the phone is very impressive. It will be relevant for awhile to come whereas the GS2 probably won't be so much. A downside to me though is that the Optimus UI is a drag. It is a memory hog and buggy. But the older versions of touchwiz were as well. And yes the color difference is noticeable. A lot of that has to do with the Samoled of the GS2 compared to the LCD of the OG. The OG's screen is definitely better though with a larger size and higher resolution. You can get warmer colors with the OG if you root and have a kernel that allows you to adjust the settings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Root it ROM it and leave alone you'll get better camera but not better effects stock is great I think and it's 13mp and we're due for camera update very soon the s2 is junk and outdated hardware and software trust me get the OG you won't regret it and the s2 is not HD and is an amoled screen OG is true HD ips display it's simply amazing don't believe me go to sprint and try them both out you'll hate yourself for getting the s2 over the OG I'm rommed running 4.3.1 waiting on kit Kat and over clocked to 1.89ghz stable with great battery life still and score 22XXX plus on antutu benchmark where the s2 doesn't even hit 9000 and even new versions of touchwiz blow and are laggy as hell Lgs ui is way smoother than any touchwiz device and I've owned like 6 high-end Sammy devices LG hit it on the mark with this phone

disney4life2005

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded from an S2 to the Og. The Battery is good all day. The Camera is is Imo Great. I have the Sprint 13megapixel version. I take Alot of pics at Walt Disney World and I love this phone.

Posted from my Lg O.G. over Sprint in Orlando

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Mines taken some amazing pics at Disney world as well went there back In March for a family vacation this phone truly is an amazing beast of a phone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34