Installed the Kitkat 4.4.2 rom.. WOW

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Rooted it, installed CWM, and installed the latest Cyanogenmod 11 and wow this thing is pretty fast.

Love the customizations of CM too. I put the Google Experience Launcher on it and it's just so smooth.. this has breathed new life into this device!

Last edited:

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: Installed the Kitkat 4.2.2 rom.. WOW

Do you mean 4.4.2?

CM does wonderful things for many devices. I just loaded 4.3 on my Samsung Galaxy Player :)

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Yeah, whoops, 4.4.2.

Great little device for being a year old..

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

Yeah this phone is still solid. And better designed than the G2 in my opinion.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Also, anyone have issues with color banding/and bit rate?

If I view a flat color image on my LG and view the same image on my HTC One, the One shows the image perfectly, all pixels are the same color.

On the LG, there's lots of noise in the image, like the bitrate or quality of the screen output was dropped to improve performance or something..

mach10

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

How in the world did you do it? I've been trying to root my phone for a few weeks now with no success, I'm running software e97320e

I think I've tried every method I could find and nothing

Posted via Android Central App

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Freegee and framaroot easily roots and unlocks bootloader from the phone no PC needed

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

mach10

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Really? Odd, it took me minutes to find an article and root my phone,

this is the article I used,

How to Root the LG Optimus G (AT&T) - TheUnlockr TheUnlockr

did that one already and this is what I get

Beginning Root Process

Now change from Charge Only to MTP
No need to disconnect USB
Press Enter after making the change.

Press any key to continue . . .

adbd cannot run as root in production builds

error: device not found

If uid=0(root), gid=0(root) is displayed

Press Enter to Continue

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Go over to xda and download an app called framaroot this will root your phone without a computer its all done from your phone then after that go to the market and download an app called freegee this is used to unlock your bootloader and install custom recovery again this is all done directly from your phone no PC needed whatsoever all in all takes maybe 5 minutes and its a full proof process virtually no chance of a brick plz take my advice and save yourself the trouble of trying to use a program on pc

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

Based on this thread, I decided to root. The program framaroot ran flawlessly, and so did freegee.

I decided to download CM 11 and load it, and that is where the problems began. I downloaded the latest stable release (which happens to be CM 10.2) but it fails to boot. The install seems to go fine per CWM messages, but when I reboot, I look at the Cyanogenmod logo with the spinning arrow for up to 6 hours (so far).

I did see somewhere since I did that, that the process should include a factory reset (which I haven't done) and also cache and Dalvik clears (which I have done). Thezip is in /sdcard and was downloaded via wifi on the phone, and not placed via the PC... does this make a difference?

Based on my symptoms, does it seem that the factory reset will do the trick? I will be trying that tonight. Won't a factory reset clear the data and erase my zip file too?

Also, as far as the CM 11 nightly releases, has anyone noticed any significant issues? I know anything can happen from day to day, so does anyone know of a recent nightly that is known to work pretty well? I don't want to get into installing a new rom every couple of days in search of a stable release...

Also, when I try to revert, CWM doesn't find the backup I took before the attempt at flashing... although I see that the directory is still there (if I drill down using the "Install zip" option just to see what is going on.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Yea a factory reset will get you where you need to be see what's happening is you installed a ROM on top of your other ROM and that's why it fails to boot as for cm11 I have no clue been trying to flash it for a week now with no success twrp won't do it and I hate cwm

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

I started clean, factory reset, clear cache, clear dalvik, and it loaded well. I then reflashed with the CM 11 from 12/26 (the latest) and so far so good...

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

FYI - Since installing the 12/26 nightly, I have had a couple of crashes, which seem to be related to "modem" and I noticed they happened when I commuted from home to work, and went out at lunch, so it may be related to changing cell towers and/or connectivity... I guess I will burn the next nightly when they release one... or possibly go with CM 10.2 until they have at least a release candidate/stable release of CM 11.

Chris Arnold

May 9, 2013
Visit site

I installed 10.2 about a week ago and haven't had any issues at all. I'm waiting on the stable release of 11 before I give it a go. The only curious oddity on 10.2 is my baseband version (Sprint) says "unknown" but the phone itself seems to work okay. I missed some of LG ' s customizations at first, particularly quick memo, but there's alternatives to that. So far, I'm very happy with cm and look forward to 11 when it's ready.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

I installed 10.2 about a week ago and haven't had any issues at all. I'm waiting on the stable release of 11 before I give it a go. The only curious oddity on 10.2 is my baseband version (Sprint) says "unknown" but the phone itself seems to work okay. I missed some of LG ' s customizations at first, particularly quick memo, but there's alternatives to that. So far, I'm very happy with cm and look forward to 11 when it's ready.

I'm rockin the Cm11 nightly's as of a few days ago and for the most part, everything works perfectly fine. I do have some odd sound quirks but other than that, the rom works great. totally a daily driver.

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, I downgraded to 10.2 to see if it corrected my issue, and it didn't. I did go through the menus and noticed that roaming was turned off, so I turned it on, and it failed with a modem eror again.

I wonder if I may need a new PRL (if those are the right initials) to make my roaming and/or transition between cells work better. But, I couldn't see how to set a new PRL...

Any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo