Why isn't my LG Optimus G E970 Display lighting up after locking the screen?

A

AC Question

LG Optimus G E970 Display not lighting up after locking screen.

Hello, I'm in desperate need of help with this issue.

So after waking up one morning to the alarm on my phone (LG Optimus G E970). I noticed I couldn't get my phone to light up after hitting the button on the side to wake it up. I turned off the phone, the LG start up screen came on, phone turned on like normal. The phone timed out (I have a 10 sec timeout on the phone) I tried to get the screen to come back up, but only the bottom "Back", "Home" and "Menu" buttons lit up. I only get a black screen. The only way to get it back is to restart my phone. I turned the timeout off so it never timesout but still VERY inconvienent. Any Ideas??

---I have done a factory reset and now after that my Data won't work -.- very annoyed.. :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG Optimus G E970 Display not lighting up after locking screen.

Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean your mobile data (3G/4G) won't work after the factory reset? Does the screen behave normally after the reset?

Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

On LG phones, you might have to power down first, then power up again, and when you see the welcome logo first appear, press and hold Vol Down until the homescreen appears.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Angshify

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site

Now that I have an account I can reply.
I did do the Factory reset (didn't install any apps) problem was still persisting.
I tried Safe mode I got into safe mode successfully. But it still is happening both the screen not lighting back up after timing out also Data not working (and yess 4g) also I found that actually even trying to adjust the brightness... it doesn't change I can change it to 0% and it is '100%' bright turned off auto brightness still doesnt change.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

If it's doing that in Safe Mode, it's probably a hardware or system issue. Not sure if there's much else you can do besides contacting LG.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12