1. AC Question's Avatar
    So i had my phone on the charger and my screen was turning on and off so I turned off my phone with the charger still connected and went to sleep as usual. The next morning when I woke up my phone was super f***ing hot so I unplugged it and took it apart and let it sit for an hour or so, it was completely cooled down and I plugged it back in because it wasn't turning on, it didn't turn on, not even a notification of it being plugged in so I got my grandma's charger and plugged it in to the computer and still nothing, I've been trying my charger, my grandma's charger, and my grandpa's charger all morning, please help!!!
    05-26-2015 01:24 PM
  2. B. Diddy's Avatar
    Welcome to Android Central! Chances are that the battery failed--try a new battery. It's possible, though, that the extreme temperature might have also fried some circuits on the motherboard, so if a new battery doesn't work, then the phone itself might be dead.
    05-26-2015 04:32 PM
  3. Rukbat's Avatar
    I had a G Pro that came in in about the same condition. If I let it sit for about 10 minutes it would come on long enough to turn off. If I didn't let it set for 10 minutes before trying to turn it on again it wouldn't do anything.

    I took the battery out and measured it. I've thrown better batteries out. Someone let it drain down all the way, turned it back on, when it shut off turned it back on again, etc. Then left it sitting in the phone for about a month (which drains the battery a little even if the phone is off.)

    But evidently that's the first time that battery was so abused, because after force-charging it back up to about 5%, the phone charged it, and it's been sitting for over a month, outside the phone, and it's at 100% when I check it every week, so it's still good.

    Plug the charger in and leave it charging for 24 hours, checking it every 10 minutes or so for temperature. (When you can't be checking it, like when you're out or asleep, disconnect the charger, but keep track of the time it's in the phone charging, and have it charge for 24 hours.)

    If it overheats regularly, or it doesn't work after a 24 hour charge, the most likely problem is that the battery is shot. (It's not a calamity - the battery is about $10 and the labor to replace it shouldn't be that much.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-28-2015 01:37 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Switched to AT&T - Can't Receive Calls
    By 10plus1 in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-17-2015, 02:56 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 04:33 PM
  3. Why i cant use any headphones on my galaxy s5?
    By beyondstrike in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 04:16 PM
  4. How do I delete the crypto virus on my LG G2 mini?
    By AC Question in forum LG G2 mini
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 01:33 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD