LG L55C (Straight Talk) text messages don't make sound

barb456

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a new LG L55C from Straight Talk, I don't get a ringtone when I get a text message, just a notification in the status bar. I have a ringtone selected. Other than that the sounds work fine on my phone. Any ideas what I can do?
Thanks

axe6st

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar issue on my phone when I first got it. I forgot how I found it, but there was a setting for volume on the text messages, the volume was turned all the down. I think just when viewing your texts hit the volume up button, but I'm not sure. Can't check it now cuz my phone is broken at the moment, waiting for replacement to come from straighttalk.
Hope this helps.
Axe

barb456

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar issue on my phone when I first got it. I forgot how I found it, but there was a setting for volume on the text messages, the volume was turned all the down. I think just when viewing your texts hit the volume up button, but I'm not sure. Can't check it now cuz my phone is broken at the moment, waiting for replacement to come from straighttalk.
Hope this helps.
Axe

Just checked it and the volume is all the way up. I turned on vibrate and that works, but that doesn't help me if I'm not close enough to hear it vibrate! Thanks.