Lg optimus l70 LGMS323

Jfredbaby90

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
So let's talk about this phone for a bit. This is a metro pcs 4g phone. This thing is pretty nice. I mean for the fact I payed $50 for it. Pretty fast does everything I need. Have had it for two days now and I'm out of memory. It's says 4 gigs which it does. but this thing has much junk pre-installed apps. I need to get this thing rooted so I can free up a lot of Memory. Plz help thanks.

Last edited:

TheMayorByNight

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I almost purchased this until I saw the small memory size. I'm not even a 'power' user, but only ~1 GB available seems slim. Is it not possible to install apps and run them from the SD card with this phone?

Jfredbaby90

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
That's what I would like to know or if I could just Uninstall all the junk apps that comes with it. It does have 4 gigs but the kitkat os uses 2.5 I think. Then the system apps use .5. So some one Plz root this phone or do a custom room.

Last edited:

lacakid

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
This thing is SOOO new I cannot get LG PC Suite to work with it and thats OK but does anyone know how to root it yet??

Thanks,
Tom

Jfredbaby90

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Like today or yesterday please make it fast as possible thank you so much.

Lg optimus L70 no root yet!!!
Rikomagic mk902 stock android TV box.

lacakid

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Do you know how to get the thing into recovery mode? I've read a bunch of posts but cant get it
into the mode?

For $50 from MetroPCS this is an AWESOME phone compared to the POS Samsung Exhibit (1) I bought from them for $29, its slowwwwww and can't find any firmware for it, all I was able to do was root it, I think... This LG is AWESOME for $50

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Sipe

May 9, 2014
Visit site
All I have figured out is if you use foxyfi on any device linked to a MetroPCS or T-Mobile account you can bypass the hotspot fees

Posted via Android Central App

kcarden

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
the recovery on the ms323 is protected in a way that none of the devs have seen yet.. there has to be a way to get to recovery in order for current methods of rooting to work correctly. another thing that LG is notorious for is their bootloader ssecurity. so even if we do establish root, we may not see some of the "greater features" of rooting our phones..so far the only way i see to get into the phone "in theory" would be find an exploit that we can use and basically force the phone into recovery. maybe "give me a break of that kit kat?". Break android so that it wont start up and force no other option but recovery... risky. but worth it? give me some ideas...

myfirstcell

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Im gonna monitor this thread .. need the root also ... but i only have 1.04 mb mem ...
so i will be updating the memory sticks ... oops that pc talk ! how tacky

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I would wait to root until a recovery can be developed and installed. No custom recovery, and the all important nandroid backup of the stock ROM just spells B.R.I.C.K
You have to have patience.
I guess I can help and see what I can do. I'll set up a build environment on one of my linux distros and see if I can come up with a ClockworkMod recovery when the time comes for a need for it.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I would wait to root until a recovery can be developed and installed. No custom recovery, and the all important nandroid backup of the stock ROM just spells B.R.I.C.K
You have to have patience.
I guess I can help and see what I can do. I'll set up a build environment on one of my linux distros and see if I can come up with a ClockworkMod recovery when the time comes for a need for it.

Titanium Backup could be used in cases where there's no way to install a custom recovery. That's what I did with my Kyocera Event. It was tricky to figure out which software to remove, but early on it was determined that any app that could be downloaded from Google Play could be removed. That's usually the place to start if one wishes to remove bloatware from the typical Android device. Of course, I'd back up the original apps first before installing new versions from Play, especially if the phone is to be unrooted later or OTA updated. Link2SD also happened to work for the Event to help expand memory. With this newer phone, one should be able to link data to the ext partition.

Titanium is also good at determining which apps are system apps. One has to be careful here, as sometimes bloatware can be marked as a system app. Again, if it's available from Google Play, it's usually removable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz