LG Optimus L34C Fuel (Straight Talk) questions from another noob

Lovemykitties

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm another one of those stupid noobs to Android. ;) I know nothing about the system yet. I just got the LG Optimus L34C 3 days after I lost my Nokia E5 (which I still miss, sniff sniff). I hope you won't mind helping me with some questions:

1) Why is the battery life so short? I had it fully charged this morning and used it to watch a vid on Youtube for less than a half hour and it was already down to 60%. (I wasn't roaming either.) Anything I can do to remedy this?

2) What type of video files does the video player recognize and play?

3) Somehow I've managed to either load multiple (copies?) of the Calculator. Either that or they are shortcut icons. (Told ya I was a stupid noob.) How do I get rid of them?
Thanx for any help, if you can give any.... ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Review this guide for battery tips: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...how-tos/298919-guide-battery-saving-tips.html

According to this site, the video files that are supported are MP4 (which is standard) and 3GP (which is an older format, typical of the old Blackberry phones).

Where do you see the multiple Calculator copies? Are they on the homescreen? If so, those are just shortcuts. Press and hold one of the icons until you can move it, then drag it to the Remove area (or garbage can icon) at the top of the screen. This only removes the shortcut, it doesn't delete the whole app.

See this guide for more introductory info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/399060-guide-getting-started-android-2014-a.html

Lovemykitties

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
thanx, I will try the tips. :) And thanx for putting up with my stupidity, LOL.
Incidentally, the first thing I did was upgrade the SD card with a 16gb one. Hopefully when I have the funds I'll replace that with a 32gb one, since I tend to put a lot of videos (short ones) on my phone.
ETA: I just removed the shortcuts. Learned something new today. ;)

dawter

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I just bought an LG Optimus Fuel on Friday. So far I really like it. I did have a Nokia E71 so I sympathize with you on the sorrow you feel of losing it...LOL It was a great phone. I'm new to Android also.