Main Camera upgrade for L90?

Michael Elkin

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I really like my L90, but the 5MP stock is the worst camera I have used in a long time. I have used much older 5 MB cameras which produce far better pictures, especially in low light. (The front camera is just that much worse, but that is for later.

I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade the the main camera for better quality pictures.

I believe the international L90 comes with a 8 mp camera, also, LG Volt which is nearly identical to the L90 specs and size wise comes with a 8 mp BSI camera which I expect to produce much better images especially in low light. I can buy this camera on Ebay for under $10. And since the Volt is nearly identical to the L90 I think it should just work normally.

I wonder if it is possible to use even use the LG G3 camera which can also be found on Ebay, but it looks a little bigger and I don't know if the L90 can handle the much newer 13 mp sensor.

I am hoping that if they use standard modular camera connectors, any camera that fits will work. Has anybody tried upgrading the stock camera like this, and maybe know of an even better option?

Thanks

bigbluebanana

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I don't think that different phones use the same methods of connecting cameras, also, I doubt it would fit snugly in a different phone, maybe someone can do it, but it would be pretty shotty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000