Hi, I have an Optimus L9 (P769) that is out of warranty. When I start the phone, the LG symbol comes up and then it goes into the T-Mobile screen. It gets stuck there. I tried doing the usual things--removing the battery, removing the battery and holding the power button, removing the SD card, etc. I tried doing a Master Reset with Hardware Keys. No luck. I tried downloading the LG Mobile Support tool, connecting the phone & turning it on, but the program didn't recognize the phone. Any other potential life saving ideas before I chuck it as far as I can throw?

Much Obliged,

Efyl
    08-06-2015 06:57 PM
    Hi, I have an Optimus L9 (P769) that is out of warranty. When I start the phone, the LG symbol comes up and then it goes into the T-Mobile screen. It gets stuck there. I tried doing the usual things--removing the battery, removing the battery and holding the power button, removing the SD card, etc. I tried doing a Master Reset with Hardware Keys. No luck. I tried downloading the LG Mobile Support tool, connecting the phone & turning it on, but the program didn't recognize the phone. Any other potential life saving ideas before I chuck it as far as I can throw?

Much Obliged,

Efyl
    Was your phone in "download mode" when you connected it to the LG mobile support tool?
    08-07-2015 09:50 AM
    I have the exact same problem. As soon as it updated to lollipop, phone struggled with everything, as if it was too much to handle, until it froze.

It comes on, shows LG logo and then freezes at T-Mobile splash screen.

I too, have done all the usual things to resuscitate it, but nothing works.

The LG Tool doesn't recognize the phone. Someone asked, does it go into download mode. No! It doesn't do anything at all.

Is there anything we can download to SD card via computer, that will help Jumpstart the phone once it's turned on again with the SD card in it?

In other words, when we do volume dn + power will it read the from the SD to get repair started?

Yeah, I'm new to all this but that's what I imagine needs to be done.

Just need to be pointed in the right direction.
    Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-05-2015 11:33 AM
    I have the exact same problem. As soon as it updated to lollipop, phone struggled with everything, as if it was too much to handle, until it froze.

It comes on, shows LG logo and then freezes at T-Mobile splash screen.

I too, have done all the usual things to resuscitate it, but nothing works.

The LG Tool doesn't recognize the phone. Someone asked, does it go into download mode. No! It doesn't do anything at all.

Is there anything we can download to SD card via computer, that will help Jumpstart the phone once it's turned on again with the SD card in it?

In other words, when we do volume dn + power will it read the from the SD to get repair started?

Yeah, I'm new to all this but that's what I imagine needs to be done.

Just need to be pointed in the right direction.
    Thanks

Doing a factory data reset might help.
    12-06-2015 01:37 AM
    How can you do a factory reset when the phone is in a permanent frozen state?

12-06-2015 06:54 PM
    How can you do a factory reset when the phone is in a permanent frozen state?

Boot to recovery mode, and do a factory reset from recovery mode.
    12-06-2015 07:50 PM
    Can get it to boot anything. I've tried every hard key combination suggested for this phone and the only thing I can get it to do is VOLUME UP + USB CABLE and it takes me to firmware update but stays there indefinitely without doing anything at all... Any other suggestions?

12-08-2015 09:44 PM