Transfering and converting sms to text doc.

orangesims

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
My dad has an LG Optimus L7 (P705) and is trying to take a number of his old text messages off the phone and back them up into a text or word document.

How can he do this, or is it even possible? I've looked around with little luck so far other than somewhat suss looking websites trying to get us to download some random PC software.

Sim.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There are a number of SMS backup apps in Google Play. Some of them save to Gmail, others save as an XML file (which I assume can be converted relatively easily to a text file or document file). Try SMS Backup & Restore. Look at the Similar Apps for other suggestions.

orangesims

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the welcome, and thank you for the helpful reply. Not even sure how I didn't think of just looking on the app store. I'll have to have a browse through the options available for something that fits his needs. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My pleasure.:) The Google Play Store search function is still somewhat lacking, so I usually do a regular Google search, which I find to be a little more accurate. For example, for this, I'd search for "Android SMS backup." An app from the Play Store usually shows up first.

orangesims

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Ah, excellent! When I was looking previously, my search terms may have been a bit broad instead. Once again, thank you for the help. It's been a busy week so this is one less thing frustrating me. :D