Why does my screen keep freezing?

A

AC Question

I have the lg l34c optimus fuel and the screen keeps freezing. Sometimes the phone simply stops working. I have to hold down the power button for long periods of time and most of the time I can't get past the lg logo screen. I have to hold the button down continuously and wait for it to turn offseveral times before it will go to my home screen. Then the phone will complain about the home screen not working. Hold the button down and cycle through several times again. I can finally get on youtube. I watch a short video. As soon as the video is done the phone freezes. Still haven't been able to turn it back on though I keep cycling through the off and lg logo screens. i have never dropped it and it has never gotten wet. It only started this after it had been dead for a couple days while i waited for a new charger that i bought online to arrive. The phone started acting weird pretty much as soon as i plugged it in. What can I do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

rebecca_spoon

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I'll have to try this if my phone will ever actually turn on again instead of just cycling through a blank screen, hearing a buzz, and then seeing the lg logo screen pop up. It seems like my phone is permanently stuck now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It may be worth trying a new or different battery, to exclude that as an issue. If it isn't the battery, then it's more likely to be either a firmware or hardware issue, which will be difficult for you to fix.

rebecca_spoon

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I've purchased a replacement battery but the earliest it will arrive is the 6th. Is there anything else you can think of in the meantime that might be helpful?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I can't think of anything else to try at this point. LG devices don't let the user boot into Recovery Mode, so I can't suggest trying to wipe the cache partition.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
True, but I figured the OP didn't want to go that far yet while waiting for the replacement battery to arrive.

rebecca_spoon

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
The replacement battery hasn't changed anything yet. I let it charge before turning it on. Mom said to turn it off and try it later but I don't think it will help.