Spare battery for Optimus S?

Funeboi

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Aftermarket battery

Hey there was wondering if anyone knew of an aftermarket battery for the optimus S. I am on my phone constantly throughout the day and regularly kill the battery in about 5 hours. Unfortunately i have to have wifi, gps and a bright screen at all times so it eats away at the stock battery pretty quickly. Also would like to say hello and offer a thanks for creating an awesome ROM for an already awesome phone.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey there was wondering if anyone knew of an aftermarket battery for the optimus S. I am on my phone constantly throughout the day and regularly kill the battery in about 5 hours. Unfortunately i have to have wifi, gps and a bright screen at all times so it eats away at the stock battery pretty quickly. Also would like to say hello and offer a thanks for creating an awesome ROM for an already awesome phone.

There are spare batteries on Ebay that come with an external charger.

Last edited:

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Be careful with eBay batteries for this Device. There is a battery thread in the accessories section.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

MaXXimus

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So has anyone had luck finding a spare battery? I'm interested in an aftermarket but the posts here don't look promising.

Swyped from my LS670 using Tapatalk

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Best bet may be an external battery pack. They come in anything from 1000mAh to 5000mAh. About the same size as another phone, but some come with a belt clip, so you can either holster the phone or pocket it, with a cord coming from the battery pack charging the phone while its on your hip. Sold at most electronic stores, or on Ebay from China/Hong Kong for half the price.

Disaster

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought these batteries also, and the ones with square corners do not fit the Optimus S. Also when I tried to get a refund the seller kept saying it fit the phone and I just contacted ebay and they refunded my money...thing is I see another KGIP 400N on ebay that looks different...check out this one Y576 2X Battery For LG Optimus S LS670 One P500 Android - eBay (item 270687291461 end time Feb-01-11 20:34:48 PST) use the zoom function and look at the corners they look more round and have too little dots... I am thinking this one will fit. I think they just put stickers on bootleg batteries and sell them on ebay :eek: But that battery with same sticker as the one I received looks like it has different corners and this guy knew about it had to have round corners. What do you guys think?

I just bought batteries (and charger) from this same seller....UFO111. If you check his feedback you will see at least one auction for the same battery that is given a positive rating recently. You would think the person would not give a good rating if the battery didn't fit! Probably won't see them for a month or so. I'll let the forum know how they work.

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
I just bought batteries (and charger) from this same seller....UFO111. If you check his feedback you will see at least one auction for the same battery that is given a positive rating recently. You would think the person would not give a good rating if the battery didn't fit! Probably won't see them for a month or so. I'll let the forum know how they work.

Ok, I can give some feedback on these batteries by UFO111: Q576 2X Battery+Charger USB/AC FOR LG Optimus S LS670 - eBay (item 270692141528 end time Feb-11-11 16:15:25 PST)

I ordered the two battery + charger deal here on January 11th and they just arrived today. I wasn't too hopefull after reading all the comments here but the batteries fit! I'm going to give them a full charge and try them out. I've bought Hong Kong batteries for all my previous cell phones and while they don't hold a charge near as well as OEM, they are cheap and nice to have as a backup!

Disaster

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I can give some feedback on these batteries by UFO111: Q576 2X Battery+Charger USB/AC FOR LG Optimus S LS670 - eBay (item 270692141528 end time Feb-11-11 16:15:25 PST)

I ordered the two battery + charger deal here on January 11th and they just arrived today. I wasn't too hopefull after reading all the comments here but the batteries fit! I'm going to give them a full charge and try them out. I've bought Hong Kong batteries for all my previous cell phones and while they don't hold a charge near as well as OEM, they are cheap and nice to have as a backup!

I've had mixed results with HK batteries, but they are hard to resist when you can buy a pair for $10 bucks for your camera, while the manufacturer wants $40 bucks for one. Sometimes they actually held more charge than the OEM batteries. The biggest concern is the current draw. Some of these new phones can draw a lot of current and you need a battery that can keep up.

So far I've used non-OEM batteries in laptops, cellphones, cameras and video cameras and not had a single bad thing happen.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Extended Battery

Anyone know if there is an extended battery for the Optimus S? I would like to be able to know I can make it more than a day w/o charging if I have to.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Mugen Power 1800mAh Extended Battery for LG GM750, GT540, Optimus, GW620, GW820, GW880, GW825V, P500 Optimus One, GX200, GX500.

Check either eBay or amazon.

Good luck.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Mugen Power 1800mAh Extended Battery for LG GM750, GT540, Optimus, GW620, GW820, GW880, GW825V, P500 Optimus One, GX200, GX500.

Check either eBay or amazon.

Good luck.

According to KSmithInNy, the Mugen Power one doesn't fit the Optimus S :(

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
x2, no extended as of yet. not that anyones found atleast. look in the accessories section of the forum and you'll see a couple of battery threads.

dwb993

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

So what is the verdict on these? Good buy?

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
So what is the verdict on these? Good buy?

Yep! They seem to last as long as my OEM battery, maybe an hour or so less? Either way, I get at least 10 hours with heavy use from all three of my batteries so I'm happy. With my Hero I was lucky to get 1/2 that from a fully charged battery.

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I ordered this for my Optimus S - will report back in a couple weeks and let
everyone know if it fits or not!

If it doesn't, I may try to cut the battery to fit - for $9 - might as well try.

Battery+Charger for LG P500 Optimus GW880 GX500 GX200 - eBay (item 280628191970 end time Mar-12-11 04:20:01 PST)

Re-pasting the current bid in case you want to buy one!

I just got it in the mail today - and it fits!

Fits quite well, no issues, no having to make it fit - LG Optimus S

Same rating as the stock - 1500 mah

The extra charger also doubles as a spare battery holder - works good!

Ordered on 2/16 - arrived on 2/26 - so 10 days from Hong Kong - not too bad!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome