Show off your optimus cover & cases

TobyU

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have one of the snap on plastic cases from ebay. The only draw back is none of them have a swivel on the back for a clip.
I had the Instinct before and the cases that Sprint sold were great and they had the belt clip swivel in the back. You didn't have to use it. The round part just pushes through the back and leaves a small rectangle if you don't want the clip.

Many times I don't have a jacket on, or a pocket to put the phone in. Dress pants and khakis are fine, but I can't stand a phone in my pocket when I wear jeans.
I have to have a belt clip.
I ordered one of the universal ones and used some 3M sticky tape to fix it on the back. Working great so far. I just wish the cases available had the option.

weenerdog3443

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
anyone find a holster that can fit the phone with a hard case on it? and also has any one had any problems with using any of the magnetic close style holsers. Ive had a couple phones where the magnets would mess them up. I like having the hard case and then being able to put it in a holster and a clip

Schufly

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I have the hard plastic rubberized case like several posters here have. I also have a left over Seidio belt clip. I think it may be from a Hero....don't remember to tell the truth. It was in my junk box. But it fits perfectly with face in. I will try to get a pic up today if I can.

Here are some pics. As you can see, it will work face out, but who wants that?

Last edited:

ColdRush

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I have the same case as you TC, but I got a car charger with it free. Looks great and serves its purpose. I was mainly concerned about the camera area when I was caseless, because that area is embossed.

DC88

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the bodyglove case and absolutely love it. Great purchase IMHO. The grip is awesome and i have a couple of friends who have seen it and wished it was available for their phone.

FYI - Sprint customer service game me 25% off the case (without purchasing anything else) and gave me free overnight shipping. You might want to try your luck at tele-sales and see if they can hook you up.

Which body glove did you all get? There is one with a belt clip, and there is one without the clip, (see pics). I can't decide which one to get. Helps for sharing. :)

v0mitr0n

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

nealoc187

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I bought my case off ebay for 6 bucks shipped. It's a smoked hard plastic case. Fits really well and feels of good quality. Also got a screen protector for a buck.

IMAG00081.jpg

IMAG00091.jpg

that's a pretty unobtrusive looking case. I like it.

nealoc187

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know of any cases that are thinner even than the hard plastic one posted in this thread? I'm mostly concerned about scratch protection, not so much impact protection (knock on wood).

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I received a pair of ebay hard cases last week, one is the smoked plastic and the other one of the rubberized ones with a design. Working great for scratch protection (already have some good scratches on the case, and the fit is perfect. The only minor gripe I have is that, obviously because it's cheap, the outer edges don't quite meet up flush, so there's a slight ridge around some of the phones edges. it's more pronounced on my wife's rubberized one but present on both. The $20 ones likely don't have this problem. But for $5 shipped each, it doesn't bother me. Just figured I'd report it in case out would bother one of you fine folks.

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey how does that tpu case feel? Can you compare it to a silicon case? They seem like they'd be former than silicon, and thinner than both silicon and hard plastic. Might be just the compromise between the two I'm looking for.

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I took a chance and ordered the TPU case. Should be here in a week or two and I'll report back on how it goes. I think the thinner stature and the slight flexibility will allow the phone to fit snugly into the iPhone 3G cradle I bought for it (check the cradle thread). Right now with the hard plastic case it's a little too tight. It would work with a bit of sanding or heat-distortion, but I'll try the TPU case first.

gregg53186

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Get a after-market case, not the Sprint case. I got two and both have issues with the area around the micro usb port. It makes the BB charger I use and the LC cable that came with the phone both be very loose as neither seat completely into the micro usb port. I'm already looking at a different case for my fianc?es' and my phones.

holangja1

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
how does the tpu feel in pockets? i had a problem wit the silicone ones because it would stick to my pockets and when i take my phone out it would drag my pockets out with it. The hard case is much better as it slides in/out wit no resistance. how does the tpu compare?

mxl360

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
how does the tpu feel in pockets? i had a problem wit the silicone ones because it would stick to my pockets and when i take my phone out it would drag my pockets out with it. The hard case is much better as it slides in/out wit no resistance. how does the tpu compare?

it doesn't stick like rubber, doesn't collect lint either.

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Got my tpu case today and it fits well. Nice and slim. The texture is smooth but flexible. The perfect mix of a hard and a silicon case. Does not stick in the pocket.

The buttons are covered but line up well. No problems here pressing them. I can even still depress the camera shutter button halfway to auto focus.

DSCF6534.jpg

My only complaint was that the charging port hole wasn't aligned well so none of my cables would connect properly. I had to modify the case by cutting the hole a little larger using a hot blade. this would have been a major problem had I not been comfortable with taking a blade to it. Not sure if they're all like this or if it's just mine, but the warning is here anyway.

DSCF6535.jpg

DSCF6536.jpg

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk