ARCHIVED: Drew's CM7 builds (stable: 08/09/2011 | experimental: 08/08/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

logo.png

CyanogenMod Hacking!

[INFO]Release Schedule:

Experimental/Unstable builds will be (hopefully) built and published on a bi-nightly schedule. There may be times when I miss a bi-nightly release due to unforeseeable events. These builds are to be considered highly unstable and things may behave strangely or not work at all.

Stable builds will be built and published on a weekly schedule every Tuesday. These builds are to be considered stable and should not have any issues outside of normal CM7 issues.

Please read below information.
[/INFO]
[INFO]Project On Hold:

Real life (and my soon-to-be business) are taking precedence over this project at the moment. Don't think I'm abandoning this, I'm just extremely busy lately.[/INFO]
What this thread is:
A place for you (the forum member) to see what I've been hacking around with in the InferiorHumanOrgans (blarf) CyanogenMod 7.1 repository. I may post CyanogenMod builds, links to patches, or even questions that I would like to have answered.

When reporting an issue:
1) Please post the Build ID of the build you are reporting the issue about.
2) Please refrain from reporting an issue that has been reported previously. All reported issues will be listed in the Reported Issues post.
3) Please give as much information as possible. Simply saying "xxx doesn't work" or "xxx failed" doesn't help me fix anything.

Table of Contents:
1) Intro (this post)
2) ROM Builds
3) Reported Issues
4) Changelogs
5) Issues I'm Having

Donations:

Like what I'm doing?
Consider a donation!
Or at least hit that THANKS button!

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
ROM Builds

ROM Builds

[INFO]Next Experimental Build Date: Friday, August 12, 2011
Next Stable Build Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2011
[/INFO]

[INFO]Regarding Naming Conventions:

Some of you may noticed that beginning with the 4th experimental build (EX-004), the naming convention for the ROM ZIP has been changed. Do not panic, this was intentional.

With the build labeled EX-004, the Mod version is CyanogenMod-7.1.0.1.4. Let's take a look at the version number, 7.1.0.1.4. The official CM version is 7.1.0, so let's pay attention to the last two version digits, 1.4. The first digit (1) is the stable branch version. So far we are at stable branch version 1. The second digit (4) is the experimental version contained within the stable branch version. Stable version 1, experimental version 4. Combined with the official CM version of 7.1.0, we get 7.1.0.1.4.

The second stable build will be version 7.1.0.2, the third will be 7.1.0.3 and so on. All stable builds will have four version digits, all experimental builds will have five. According to these parameters, the first experimental build released after a stable build will be version 7.1.0.(STABLEVERSION).(EXPERIMENTALVERSION). For example, the third experimental build released during the week of the fourth stable build will be version 7.1.0.4.3. Please post if you have any further questions. Thank you.[/INFO][INFO]Regarding OTA updates:

The OTA updates will be flashed like regular ROM updates. Your data will not be erased, and everything should function as normal after an update. As you have noticed, there are two build types: experimental and stable. Arbitrarily switching between experimental and stable will not be supported and you will need to do a full data/system wipe before switching between the two. Updating one experimental build to the next should be pretty seamless, as will updating one stable build to the next. Experimental build updates will NOT be visible to the stable ROM updater and vice versa![/INFO]
Stable Build
Build ID: STABLE-002 Mod Version: CyanogenMod-7.1.0.2 Build Date: 08/09/2011 Build Time: 2:00 PM (approximate) Download: Download Here Info: Stock IHO repo + goodies Google Apps: Download Here Source Info: IHO Repository My Phone mod My Settings mods My MMS fix MMS fix has been merged into main repository CM Updater Build Info: CM Updater is now tested enough to be included in all stable builds from here on. You will not see any updates until the next stable build is released. Installation Instructions: 1) Download ROM and Google Apps from links above. DO NOT EXTRACT, DO NOT RENAME! 2) Place ROM and Google Apps (and kernel if you downloaded it) on your sdcard. 3) Perform a FULL data/cache wipe from recovery mode. (MUST HAVE CUSTOM RECOVERY) 4) Wipe (or format) /boot and /system from the "mounts and storage" menu in recovery mode. 5) Flash ROM using the "install zip from sdcard" option in recovery mode. 6) Flash Gapps in the same fashion. 7) Reboot 8) Profit!

Experimental Build
Build ID: EX-006 Mod Version: CyanogenMod-7.1.0.1.6 Build Date: 08/08/2011 Upload Time: 11:15 AM Download: Download Here Info: Stock IHO repo + goodies Google Apps: Download Here Source Info: IHO Repository My Github Repositories My MMS fix MMS fix has been merged into main repository CM Updater Build Info: CyanogenMod update menu removed (because we are using CM Updater now) and the CMUpdateNotify has been removed entirely from the build. Also, you can now download the update and apply later WITHOUT the updater app force-closing. Apparently it doesn't like when I fail to supply an md5 checksum. Special instructions for OTA updates: 1) There is a chance that data2ext installations could be borked with these updates. Not much I can do about that. IF YOU HAVE DATA2EXT, MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST! 2) To get the update, go to Settings->About phone->ROM updates. Hit the Menu button, then press Check now to check for updates. You must also be running experimental build 7.1.0.1.4 (or later) to use the OTA updates. THIS WILL NOT WIPE YOUR USER DATA! Installation Instructions (not necessary if doing OTA update): 1) Download ROM and Google Apps from links above. DO NOT EXTRACT, DO NOT RENAME! 2) Place ROM and Google Apps (and kernel if you downloaded it) on your sdcard. 3) Perform a FULL data/cache wipe from recovery mode. (MUST HAVE CUSTOM RECOVERY) 4) Wipe (or format) /boot and /system from the "mounts and storage" menu in recovery mode. 5) Flash ROM using the "install zip from sdcard" option in recovery mode. 6) Flash Gapps in the same fashion. 7) Reboot 8) Profit! HINT: You do not have to do a full wipe if you are updating within build types (e.g experimental to experimental or stable to stable). If you are switching between stable and experimental (or vice versa) a full wipe is required. HINT 2: You may also scan the attached QR code in your favorite barcode scanner. Do not use the QR code scanning option within CM Updater, it will crash. Use a separate barcode scanner app.

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Reported Issues

Reported Issues

1) USB Tethering not working. USB Tethering is a kernel issue, not CM7. It's also a huge modification and will take considerable time and effort to get working.

2) Visual Voicemail not receiving voicemail. This is probably an issue for the CyanogenMod team to work out, but is being researched.

3) Pressing the power button ends calls, regardless of the setting. This issue affects devices other than the Optimus line. A workaround has been implemented. The power button no longer ends calls, and the setting has been removed pending bug resolution.

4) PRL/Profile updates do not work as expected in build ID DREW-003. This is a known issue and will probably be removed in future builds.

5) Using headphones/external speakers while being able to use the built-in microphone will not work, and has never worked. This is being investigated, so please do not re-report this.

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Changelogs

Changelogs

07/24/2011: Fixed MMS configuration

07/26/2011:
Disabled "Power button ends call" setting

07/27/2011:
Disabled USB Tethering preference (it's currently broken anyway)
07/27/2011:
Disabled Factory reset from Privacy menu (it causes bricks, BAD)
07/27/2011:
Updated kernel to latest XioniaRedux build
07/27/2011:
Synced with latest available IHO sources

08/01/2011: PRL/Profile update mechanism (experimental)
08/01/2011: Bluetooth headsets now work
08/01/2011: Synced with latest available IHO sources

08/03/2011: Sync with IHO repo
08/03/2011: ROM update mechanism enabled
08/03/2011: Camera zoom above 1X works now??

08/06/2011: First round of OTA update testing in experimental builds

08/08/2011: Sync with IHO repo
08/08/2011: CyanogenMod update menu removed (we're using CM Updater instead)
08/08/2011: CMUpdateNotify app removed entirely (saves a little storage space and it's unnecessary now anyway

08/09/2011: Sync with IHO repo
08/09/2011: Merge CM Updater into stable builds

Last edited:

vicvon

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Drew's CyanogenMod Hacking thread

Sorry for the stupid question Drew. Do I have to sign-up for github to download? I can't seem to find the download on the link you gave.

Thanks
Victor

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
What's different between this and ath3nos rom?

sent from my Cyanogen Optimus

MMS is half-broken in the Ath3nos build, the power button ends calls 100% of the time in the Ath3nos build, and this build was synced with the IHO repository this morning.

Oh, and my builds have the XioniaRedux kernel built-in.

Last edited:
Reactions: manny29

ngmanis

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Drew random question; is full wipe 100% necessary when switching between cm7 ROMs?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Drew random question; is full wipe 100% necessary when switching between cm7 ROMs?

Because of internal changes, a full wipe is HIGHLY recommended. You can elect not to do a full wipe, but don't be surprised if strange things happen.

vicvon

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else having a problem with mediafire? Download gets about halfway and then stops.

ngmanis

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Because of internal changes, a full wipe is HIGHLY recommended. You can elect not to do a full wipe, but don't be surprised if strange things happen.

I hear ya, I do a full wipe anyways most of the time. I'm downloading now. I like most of your work so I'm excited to give this sucker a whirl.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
MMS is half-broken in the Ath3nos build, the power button ends calls 100% of the time in the Ath3nos build, and this build was synced with the IHO repository this morning.

Oh, and my builds have the XioniaRedux kernel built-in.

Not to start a war but is the performance better? Lol!

sent from my Cyanogen Optimus

Status
Not open for further replies.