[KERNEL][GB] GingerKernel v08.1 (OC) DOUBLE-TAPPING BUG FIXED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Got it up and running seems wway fast. Maybe. To fast, when i touch the screen sometimes it doublle ppushees the buttons like u see here. Aany way to fix this? Like thhe screen is to sensitive? Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS670 running CM7 and data/dalvik to ext4

You know, that was actually happening to me last night when I first flashed zvh and had the stock kernal.

It's not doing it now though, seems to have evened itself out.

glitchsta

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I put xionia back as the kernal because everytime the screen went to sleep it would just stay black and not come back on this was all done without wiping so that could be the problem will wipe when new cm7 is released

Sent from my LG-LS670 running CM7 and data/dalvik to ext4

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM7] GingerKernel v03 (OC)

It just stops,at the cyanogen startup screen.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Oh, well it's pretty unstable on the current CM7 builds. I'll make a note of this but there's not a ton I can do at the moment.

HINT:
I'm compiling a CM7 build at the moment that has most of the new Gingerbread proprietary files. Stay tuned.

Can you include the axis inversion patch in he next releaseyi

Can't guarantee it'll be in the next release (in fact it won't be), but I'm playing with it so we'll see.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Trying out the V03 kernel with BACKside-IHO on my Optimus V now. Mostly working, a few bugs:

-- Screen turns on but remains blank on the lockscreen, have to push the power button to get the screen to appear, and then it can be unlocked. Pushing the power button doesn't work every attempt, but repeated attempts do, so I think it's a matter of the current lockscreen state determining if it works (it seems to be an issue with time till lock). I've tried it with screenon/off animations enabled and disabled. Edit: I'm not sure what button combo and/or timing gets it working, it's hard to get it back on period.

-- I get the same double response from the touchscreen others have reported. If you touch the page dots on the home screen, it sometimes goes two pages. Attempting to scroll a menu sometimes cause the item touched to launch.

-- The camera and video recorder only show a white screen, no image. Videos during playback have a plain white screen when playing back, though the sound does play.

Working:
-phone, 3g, sms/mms, gps, browser, email, camera does take pics, accelerometer, compass, all buttons except voice (need to try new S kl file)

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Ok got a prob internet wont download anything it will go right to fail like a few sec later
im updated to gb with no root no nothing just stock bg

Last edited:

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Drew does this kernel support ext4 partitions?

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Drew does this kernel support ext4 partitions?

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

It seems to me that ext4 is not supported yet. I tried the kernel and was not able to mount the ext4 sd-ext partition. I can also confirm all/most of Jerry's points. I can't wait to try the next one, thank you Drew.

kernelsandirs#AC

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Drew, is that CM7 build in the hint, one that I can update over my currently running CyanogenMod-7.1.0.2
or with this require the ZVH baseband? I have the newer LCD and not sure I want to mess with V9 via screencast or worse blind :)

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

is that CM7 build in the hint, one that I can update over my currently running CyanogenMod-7.1.0.2
or with this require the ZVH baseband? I have the newer LCD and not sure I want to mess with V9 via screencast or worse blind :)

Yes it will require the ZVH baseband, and you will be required to fully wipe your device before flashing.

Also, the build won't be for at least another week, using the newer files is not a just simple copy-paste operation.

P.S. If anyone has experience with CM7 (blarf and JerryScript, I'm looking at YOU) that would like to help with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

deadset

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

Yeah there is definitely some kind of double click problem. It actually makes using swype almost impossible.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Yes it will require the ZVH baseband, and you will be required to fully wipe your device before flashing.

Also, the build won't be for at least another week, using the newer files is not a just simple copy-paste operation.

P.S. If anyone has experience with CM7 (blarf and JerryScript, I'm looking at YOU) that would like to help with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

PM'd you my email addy, I have extra time this week, let me know how I can help.

Sdude1200

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
So one issue I have with his kernel so far is the media-voice search button hack. I was using it to change songs semi-hand free but since flashing this, it hasn't worked. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG Optimus S CM7ed

srthimsen

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Yeah there is definitely some kind of double click problem. It actually makes using swype almost impossible.

Had this after installing this kernel on top of gROM. I wiped everything and reinstalled just gROM and the high sensitivity on the keyboards appears to be gone (tried both swype and android default).

memsman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Had this after installing this kernel on top of gROM. I wiped everything and reinstalled just gROM and the high sensitivity on the keyboards appears to be gone (tried both swype and android default).

If you reinstall gROM after installing the kernel, you are losing the kernel install, isn't that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes