[KERNEL][GB] GingerKernel v08.1 (OC) DOUBLE-TAPPING BUG FIXED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

srthimsen

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM7] GingerKernel v03 (OC)

If you reinstall gROM after installing the kernel, you are losing the kernel install, isn't that right?

That's correct - in my thinking, it appears that the sensitivity issues are caused by the kernel, not the rom.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
That's correct - in my thinking, it appears that the sensitivity issues are caused by the kernel, not the rom.

I posted this earlier, but I'll post it again. I definitely had the twitchy screen and keyboard problems with the stock rom and stock kernal. That was last night and it all seems to have gone away today.

kazea182

Jan 2, 2011
www.sxcomputers.net

I posted this earlier, but I'll post it again. I definitely had the twitchy screen and keyboard problems with the stock rom and stock kernal. That was last night and it all seems to have gone away today.

Just to clarify, you are running the new Kernel WITH gROM and you no longer have a twitchy screen?

srthimsen

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
After a clean wipe and reflash of grom, i cleared cache and dalvik cache, then flashed the gingerkernel. No problems with highly sensitive screen, in fact, not a single double tap this entire message.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify, you are running the new Kernel WITH gROM and you no longer have a twitchy screen?

No I am running gROM with the stock kernal and I no longer have the twitchy screen. My point was, I had the issue and it went away by itself unexplained without changing kernal.

kazea182

Jan 2, 2011
www.sxcomputers.net

No I am running gROM with the stock kernal and I no longer have the twitchy screen. My point was, I had the issue and it went away by itself unexplained without changing kernal.

I originally installed gROM with the new kernel, and I had the twitchy screen. Reflashed gROM without the kernel, no twitchy screen. So it is definitely the kernel. Hopefully drew can find a fix for it. :)

I miss my OC to 864.

dafluke24

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

same here. Good to know I wasn't the only one. I noticed the twitchy screen with stock kernel on gROM as well. Annoyed the hell out of me when I was trying to move icons to the desktop lol But it went away for now and working fine. Weird.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

I originally installed gROM with the new kernel, and I had the twitchy screen. Reflashed gROM without the kernel, no twitchy screen. So it is definitely the kernel. Hopefully drew can find a fix for it. :)

I miss my OC to 864.

Even with the stock kernel the screen does strange things. I'm pretty sure it's the software (as opposed to the kernel) that's bugging out but I'm going to rebuild the kernel from stock sources to see if anything I have done makes this issue more apparent.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Even with the stock kernel the screen does strange things. I'm pretty sure it's the software (as opposed to the kernel) that's bugging out but I'm going to rebuild the kernel from stock sources to see if anything I have done makes this issue more apparent.

Will that help with cm7 issues also?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

strra

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

i honestly don't think it's your kernel. i ran without it all day and i was having the issue. i flashed the kernel tonight to see if it would fix it but i'm still having the issue.
since not everyone is having the issue, i'm pondering the possibility of maybe it being those of us with the original LCD's?

Sdude1200

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
i honestly don't think it's your kernel. i ran without it all day and i was having the issue. i flashed the kernel tonight to see if it would fix it but i'm still having the issue.
since not everyone is having the issue, i'm pondering the possibility of maybe it being those of us with the original LCD's?

That's a good idea. Im on CM7 and flashed it and was having the double-clicking problem also. So I flashed back to Xionia for now

Sent from my CM7ed LG Optimus S

strra

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

after playing around with quite a few combinations, the issue seems to intensify when i'm using gingerkernel and i'm overclocked.
i have the issue now and then on stock with stock kernel and i seem to have least issues on gROM with stock kernel.

strra

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

if this helps development at all, my experiences were:
stock/gROM + gingerkernel + overclocked = super high sensitivity, almost unusable
stock/gROM + gingerkernel = somewhat high sensitivity. comes and goes.
stock + stock kernel = somewhat high sensitivity. comes and goes.
gROM + stock kernel = no sensitivity issues so far

Dassin

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Just thought I would add my own experience here: Running gROM 1.1 and GingerKernel V03, I can increase the problematic screen by overclocking, and reduce it by clocking back to 600. I haven't checked if it scales with the clock yet, or if it is with a particular scaling method, but I definitely had issues with SUPER sensitive screen at 768 with smartass2, and basically normal with 600 ondemand.

Edit:

It wasn't so bad last night at 600, but I got up this morning having changed NOTHING and the screen was crazy sensitive again. I think I might have to revert to Froyo :p

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Can anybody tell me the true advantages of having official over unofficial gingerbread?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

IMO official Gingerbread has little to no advantages over unofficial at this time.

Unofficial Gingerbread (CM7 at the moment) seems to work 10 times better, considering the issues people have been having with the latest official update (GingerKernel aside).

Also, with unofficial Gingerbread you generally don't have to wait an unnecessarily long time to get updates.

That's my 2 cents.

Reactions: pergerson6

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

IMO official Gingerbread has little to no advantages over unofficial at this time.

Unofficial Gingerbread (CM7 at the moment) seems to work 10 times better, considering the issues people have been having with the latest official update (GingerKernel aside).

Also, with unofficial Gingerbread you generally don't have to wait an unnecessarily long time to get updates.

That's my 2 cents.

So will there be a fix for the cm7 users for this kernel version? Im still not able to get this version or the prior version to boot past the cyanogen boot screen. reinstall xionia and reboots fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy