[KERNEL][GB] GingerKernel v08.1 (OC) DOUBLE-TAPPING BUG FIXED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicFan1

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM7] GingerKernel v03 (OC)

I can't oc my phone, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm using the Antutu CPU Master app. I can't clock over 600 mHz.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I just bought set cpu, and I got the same thing. Max is 600

I couldn't get my phone to reboot from the last two updates.the original version would only clock to 122mhz Max. Really weird but xionia works perfect.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

srthimsen

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I can't oc my phone, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm using the Antutu CPU Master app. I can't clock over 600 mHz.

When you flashed it, did you clear cache and dalvik before flashing? If not, I'd suggest restoring the backup prior to flashing, boot, reboot to recovery, clear both caches, then flash the kernel.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MagicFan1

glitchsta

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

Does anyone know where to get the gingerbread modules for ext4? I am looking for
insmod: can't insert '/system/lib/modules/mbcache.ko': invalid module format
insmod: can't insert '/system/lib/modules/jbd2.ko': invalid module format
insmod: can't insert '/system/lib/modules/ext4.ko': invalid module format

those are from picasticks and they wll not load, I guess I need gingerbread ext4...can anyone help?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

After much debugging and searching across the interwebs, I have discovered that the screen hang issue everyone experiences when using this kernel on CM7 ROMs is in fact a CM7 bug.

My searching led me to this post at PPCGeeks.

A workaround (which actually works) has been posted in the first post of this thread.

Also, this issue happens even with the GB libraries in CM7 but does not happen with official GB ROMs so it is most definitely a bug in CM7.

Reactions: pergerson6

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
After much debugging and searching across the interwebs, I have discovered that the screen hang issue everyone experiences when using this kernel on CM7 ROMs is in fact a CM7 bug.

My searching led me to this post at PPCGeeks.

A workaround (which actually works) has been posted in the first post of this thread.

Also, this issue happens even with the GB libraries in CM7 but does not happen with official GB ROMs so it is most definitely a bug in CM7.

Still having issue.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

While the cyanogen icon is spinning?

Umm what? The workaround fixes the screen-wake-from-suspend issue (you know, where it's black upon waking from sleep).

If you can't get it to boot, capture a logcat log for me to look at.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Umm what? The workaround fixes the screen-wake-from-suspend issue (you know, where it's black upon waking from sleep).

If you can't get it to boot, capture a logcat log for me to look at.

I dont have a blank screen! Its the same screen as before. I disabled both animations in cyanogen settings.

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

hey Drew
Have I found anything about the screen sinsitivity an dubble bottin pushing on the new GB an grom cus I'm still getting that alot with grom an ur kernel

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

I dont have a blank screen! Its the same screen as before. I disabled both animations in cyanogen settings.

Now you've lost me. What screen are you talking about, this workaround has nothing to do with the CM7 boot screen or boot process.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

hey Drew
Have I found anything about the screen sinsitivity an dubble bottin pushing on the new GB an grom cus I'm still getting that alot with grom an ur kernel

It's an issue with stock GB/GB-based ROMs. I've been toying with using the GB libraries in CM7 (not really usable yet) and don't have that issue in that. LG really fudged this one up.

It's POSSIBLE that one or more of my changes exaggerates this issue, but the root issue is that the official GB update is really bugged.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm still not able to get past the cyanogen start up screen.

That's what I thought. The workaround I posted has nothing to do with booting issues.

Please submit a logcat log of the boot process. As I cannot replicate your issue, simply stating that it doesn't work won't help at all.

dirtyash

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

but the root issue is that the official GB update is really bugged.

Yeah, looks like it's having all kinds of issues:

Well, now we have our answer. Hopefully Sprint will push an update!

As much as I would like to see a CM7 off of stock, do you think it would save you a lot of time and headache if you waited for an update, or would they be so similar that the changes made wouldn't effect your work that much (I'm curious)? I know the CM7 that you have already provided (along with kernal) is working pretty damn good!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463