ARCHIVED: [RoM] YOUR-MOM-ROM v.1.1 - Updated 11/27/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
hydrosig.jpg

[NOTE]
This ROM was inspired by your mom... She is a giver and now we have decided to give back to YOU for sharing YOUR MOM with us!

A SHOUT OUT TO YOUR MOM ! ! !
This message has been funded by Cory Streater and in no way intended to be the views of Team Hydro...

VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED

[/NOTE]

[INFO]

This ROM comes jammed packed with all kinds of goodies and just like YOUR MOM, its better to take YOUR MOM ROM on a test drive for yourself to get the full effect...

[/INFO]

[WARN]

WARNING!

TROLLS NEED NOT APPLY
I have my own kids already thank u!

[/WARN]

Last edited:

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RoM] YOUR-MOM-ROM

[WARN]STANDARD DISCLAIMER:

Team Hydro is not responsible for your phone, your sd card, thermonuclear war, or anything else. [/WARN]

snap20111127_105904.png
snap20111127_105606.png

Code:
[SIZE="3"][B][U]Changelog:[/U][/B][/SIZE]

[B][U]V1.1[/U][/B] -- 11/27/11

-various performance tweaks (Thanks [URL="http://forums.androidcentral.com/members/ksmithinny-1515/"]KSmithInNY[/URL])
-removal of Privacy Menu from Settings to prevent accidental bricks (Thanks [URL="http://forums.androidcentral.com/members/ksmithinny-1515/"]KSmithInNY[/URL])
-removed ad blocking Hosts file in support of all devs out there.  
-GingerKernal v06.2 is the default kernal from here on out.  
  [B]Info on how to get [URL="http://forums.androidcentral.com/members/drewwalton19216801-112605/"]drewwalton19216801[/URL]'s latest kernel is at the bottom of this post.[/B]
-Added CRT screen off animation
-Tweaked images for Power Control Toggles (Less blurry when toggled off)

[U][B]Official signed V1.0[/B][/U]

-updated apps 
-added Terminal Emulator
-upgraded to GingerKernal v07.1
-fixed stock browser download issue
-custom boot splash
-changed default wallpaper
-other minor tweaks
-ad blocking hosts file included

[U]
[B]alpha v0.7[/B][/U]

[U]Built off of Sprint Optimus S [B]ZVH[/B] base[/U]
-Deodexed
-Zipaligned on boot
-Dalvik2Cache mod
-SD card speed tweak
-Other performance tweaks
-Added GingerKernal v06.2 ([I]Drew's[/I])
-Added power control toggles in drop down ([I]Ported from this thread -- [url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1103126][APP/MOD][GJR90][GJR22][ACS] SystemUi.apk with Quick Panel Ported In - xda-developers[/url][/I])
-Center clock
-100% battery mod
-Custom themed
-Updated Market
-Updated Mapps
-Updated Gmail
-Updated YouTube
-Removed Sprint boot animation = long blank screen, especially on fresh install
-Added Custom boot animation as well

[B][U]Added apk's:[/U][/B]
-AlarmClock
-Download All
-ES File Explorer
-ExtraParts ([I]from Nick7's ROMs[/I])
-NoFrills CPU
-LGLauncher from Reborn ([I]jstntp 3 button super mod[/I])
-LS670_Roaming ([I]from Nick7's ROMs[/I])
-Mms ([I]jstntp Dark Theme[/I])
-GoogleQuickSearch ([I]jstntp Dark Theme[/I])
-HTC IME Keyboard

[SIZE="3"][U][B]SUPER debloated:[/B][/U]
[/SIZE]

[B][U]Removed apk's:[/U][/B]
-DeskClock
-IQAgent
-Lancher (stock)
-LiveWallpapers
-LiveWallpapersPicker
-MagicSmokeWallpapers
-Protips
-Sprint_Installer
-SprintZone
-VzwSMS
-W_Installer
-Disabled sprint boot sound

[B][U]Removed framework files: [/U][/B]
-com.vzw.android.hux.jar
-com.vzw.android.jar
-com.vzw.android.lg.jar
-com.vzw.android.smart.jar
-com.vzw.android.vzw1093.jar
-vzwlbs.jar

[WARN]Requirements:

-You must be on baseband ZVH (Gingerbread)
-You must be rooted
-You must have a custom recovery installed
-You must read and follow all instructions

Info on how to root and install a custom recovery:

[APP][ONE-CLICK ROOT] Sons of Korhal Root Utility 1.0.1 -- drewwalton19216801

[How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH (100% automated, no revert/wipe needed) -- sfhub[/WARN]

[NOTE]Important Notice regarding GingerKernal:

From here on out, all releases of Your Mom ROM (after v1.0) will include the older version of GingerKernel v06.2. You may wonder why this decision was made, so let me explain.

drewwalton19216801 has spent countless hours building, testing, rebuilding and tweaking GingerKernel. I feel it is only fair that he receives the credit he deserves for his time and effort. Please head over to his thread and download the latest version of GIngerKernel and flash it after you install Your Mom ROM. Trust me you will not be disappointed!!

While your over there, be sure to (at minimum) click the "thanks" and "like" button. And if at all possible, do him one better and click his "donate" button too! He more than deserves it!!

Here is a link to his thread: GingerKernel[/NOTE]

[INFO]Official v1.1 -- signed

Flashing Instructions:

Backup any or all apps with a program such as Titanuim Backup first

1. download rom below and place on your sd card
2. reboot to recovery and make a recovery backup
3. wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, format system (under mounts and storage)
4. flash Your Mom RoM
5. Reboot and setup/restore your apps and info.

Download link: Your Mom ROM v1.1 -- If you haven't already, read the "Important Notice" above this box
[/INFO]

[TIP]
We don't do this for the money people. If that was the case, we would have stopped a long time ago.......honestly!
We develop because we thoroughly enjoy this hobby. We enjoy this community and all the users that appreciate our work.

On behalf of Team Hydro, I would like to say Thank You to everyone who uses and supports all of our work!

Donations are not expected whatsoever, but anything that may be received is Greatly appreciated. Please feel free to click the "donate" button found in the postbits at the top of any or our posts.
[/TIP]

Last edited:

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
[INFO]Extras for Your Mom:

snap20111128_072756.png

3-way reboot mod (patch)

We wanted to incorporate this into a new version of the ROM, but unfortunately all it wanted to do was bootloop. Turns out if you apply this patch after the rom has fully booted, it works fine. :confused:

Now there are a few new mods in this zip. I may separate them out down the road, but I think most everyone will like them all together.

Features all included:

-3 way reboot mod -- adds "Reboot" and "Recovery" options to the power button menu
-CRT screen off animations -- same as in Your Mom ROM v1.1
-ICS screen animations -- make sure "All animations" is on to see these. Menu>Settings>Display>Animations
-noIQ Agent patch -- You can read about IQ Agent here.

Wipe caches in recovery and flash. Hope you enjoy!! -- (this has not been tested with data2ext, use at your own risk!)

If you are doing a fresh install of the ROM (wiping everything including data/factory reset), do not add any of these mods until you have booted successfully into android at least once.

YourMom-reboot-plusCRT-ICS-noIQ.zip

All extra files below are compatible with v1.1 of this ROM and the above mod. If you have the old noIQ agent zip file, please throw it in the trash. It WILL break things if you try to flash it with this mod.

Download these and place on your sd card:

Default wallpaper image #1 -- default wallpaper from alpha v0.7

NewLloyd.png -- default wallpaper from v1.0

Flash these from recovery:

YourMoms-no-clock-v1.1.zip -- Removes the clock from the statusbar

YourMoms-normal-clock-v1.1.zip -- Moves the clock back to the right (stock) side of the statusbar

YourMoms-center-clock-v1.1.zip -- Centers the clock on the statusbar

Live Wallpapers -- will install Live Wallpapers

GB-DeskClock.zip -- to revert to the stock Alarm Clock

YourMom-AlarmClock.zip -- this is the one included in the ROM

mod_no-buttons-wake-GB.zip -- with this mod, only the power button will wake the phone

mod_stock-GB-button-layout.zip -- stock setup, any button will wake the phone

HTC-Keyboard-calibration.zip -- enables the ability to calibrate the keyboard (menu>settings>Language & Keyboard>HTC_IME mod>Text input>Calibration tool)

[/INFO]

[WARN]
DATA2EXT

Ok here's the deal:

I don't like the data2ext mod in general and I'm not the only dev that feels this way. It is an unstable mod that I never really wanted to support in the first place. That is why it is not included in the Rom itself.

This mod has been removed from this thread and will no longer be supported.

From this point on, if you choose to use a form of data2ext or apps2sd or anything similar, please don't post problems about it here until you have removed the mod and duplicated the issue while running this Rom in its native form.

Sorry and Thank You.

[/WARN]

[TIP]

---!---Launcher Tips/FAQ's/How-To's---!---
(From the Reborn thread -- courtesy of nick7)

Changing to 5 or 7 home screens:
1. From your home screen, press the physical menu button on the bottom of your phone. Should look like 4 squares.
2. Select home settings and change it to 5 or 7 home screens depending on your preference.

Adding or deleting Categories to your app drawer:
1. From your home screen open the app drawer by pressing the middle button on the launcher.
2. While in the app drawer, press the physical menu button on the bottom of your phone. Should look like 4 squares.
3. Select Add Category or delete category depending on what you want to do.
Note: The 2 primary categories, applications and downloads, cannot be deleted.

Moving applications to different categories:
1. From your home screen open the app drawer by pressing the middle button on the launcher.
2. While in the app drawer, press the physical menu button on the bottom of your phone. Should look like 4 squares.
3. Select Rename move item
4. Press and move any item you want into any category you want.
When finished:
2. Press the physical menu button on the bottom of your phone. Should look like 4 squares.
3. Select done

Renaming Categories in your app drawer:
3. Select Rename Category.
Note: The 2 primary categories, applications and downloads, can be renamed.

Deleting applications right from your app drawer:
3. Select uninstall
Note: Only applications located in data/app are eligible to be uninstalled this way.

Changing icons on your launcher:
2. While in the app drawer, long press on the app you'd like to add to the launcher. The phone will slightly vibrate and take you to your home screen
3. Drag the icon you've been long pressing onto the slot on the launcher you'd like it to go.
4. Once on the spot, lift finger.

[/TIP]

Last edited:

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RoM] YOUR-MOM-ROM

This will be run as an alpha build until we get the community's response. Soon it will be changed to a non alpha build. :cool:

Reactions: twtippets

DCJoe

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RoM] YOUR-MOM-ROM - with POWER CONTROLS ! ! !

Tried to install it, says no signature, signature verification failed.

Any thoughts?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Tried to install it, says no signature, signature verification failed.

Any thoughts?
This is an Alpha copy. Turn off signature verification for the time being. When we drop v.1.0 it will be signed. There is nothing wrong with this release tho.

Sorry for the confusion.

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Downloading now cant wait to install thanks guys been kinda board an wanting to flash

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Can it be assumed that this is prone to many of the zvh quirkiness (i.e. the hated double-tap, charging issues, ect)?

jmrwbilly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

downloading now! really like the contols in the drop down!! 1 less widget i need to run!! will my themes still work that i have for gROM?

jmrwbilly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Themes will work, but the powercontrols will be lost.

i'm fine with that if they are in the drop down.. i mainly wanted to know about the theme.. i have a whole 49ers thing going on with everything.. ie launcher, messaging, app drawer.. still havn't tryed to figure out how to go about changing the keyboard or dialer yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund