08-12-2012 05:00 PM
276 1234 ...
tools
    So is the new wipe system/data/cache feature a one step wipe? No reason to wipe from so many different ways? An explanation on every thing it wipes would be great. Does it wipe dalvik cache too or just the regular on.
    01-13-2012 08:05 AM
    So is the new wipe system/data/cache feature a one step wipe? No reason to wipe from so many different ways? An explanation on every thing it wipes would be great. Does it wipe dalvik cache too or just the regular on.
    It will wipe dalvik-cache since it is located in either /data or /cache. Basically it wipes everything except /boot, /sdcard, and /sd-ext. And /boot gets wiped on each rom install anyway. This new feature is a great time saver for fresh installing a rom.
    01-13-2012 08:24 AM
    So you're telling me that I can put this in that folder and run it and it will flash the new recovery no problem? This sounds easier than adb, anything possibly going wrong?
    Yes, just rename the file (from Drew) to be

recovery.img

and place it in the copy2sd\000root directory (it is easier in the .zip version since you unpack it yourself, but you can do it in the self-extracting .exe version too, just look for the directory in \temp)

You can flash ANY recovery you provide in this way.
    01-13-2012 10:10 AM
    Has anyone tested whether this works with ##786# reset and privacy->reset within Android?

Be aware that if not handled properly in the recovery, those resets can brick your phone, so don't go trying it out unless you know what you are doing.
    01-13-2012 10:13 AM
    I keep getting
    Code:
    mtd: read error at address (Out of memory)
    . . . Help please?
    01-13-2012 12:36 PM
    Yes, just rename the file (from Drew) to be

recovery.img

and place it in the copy2sd\000root directory (it is easier in the .zip version since you unpack it yourself, but you can do it in the self-extracting .exe version too, just look for the directory in \temp)

You can flash ANY recovery you provide in this way.
    so i added an image of what my folder looks like, what should i be removing? the xionia or the recovery vd?

i just dont wanna screw it up :P also im sure i just press the C option right? the one that says add xionia recov right?
    01-13-2012 02:00 PM
    getting a segmentation error when trying to flash? any clue?
    01-13-2012 03:26 PM
    I just wanna put this out there for anyone interested. This is flash image GUI. It will flash this recovery with no problems, and without a computer. It is made for a few phones and the optimus s is on that list. It will see your phone as an optimus s or v. It didn't work the first few times I tried it because of the file name. I had to change it to "recovery.img" , the problem was the upper case R in the file name.

I guess I should say I'm not responsible if your phone bricks, but mine didn't and like I said, its listed in the compatible devices.

Please hit drews thanks button in the OP for this recovery and thank joeykrim for this app. It's 99 cents in the market and free from joeys file hosting.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1045797

I hope its ok to link to this, if not then let me know and ill edit.
    MunkyButt likes this.
    01-13-2012 05:40 PM
    so i added an image of what my folder looks like, what should i be removing? the xionia or the recovery vd?

i just dont wanna screw it up :P also im sure i just press the C option right? the one that says add xionia recov right?
    The folder you posted is from the Optimus Rooting package.

I was actually suggesting you do it with the Recovery Install package. I ended up just updating the package to include the CWM5 recovery from this thread (Thanks Drew for allowing me to include it):
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...automated.html

Just download optirec-sfx.exe, double-click on it to run it, then choose Option C (Advanced install) and Option G (Team Hydro CWM5) It'll be obvious once you look at the screenshots in that thread.
    Invincible Madness likes this.
    01-13-2012 06:20 PM
    The folder you posted is from the Optimus Rooting package.

I was actually suggesting you do it with the Recovery Install package. I ended up just updating the package to include the CWM5 recovery from this thread (Thanks Drew for allowing me to include it):
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...automated.html

Just download optirec-sfx.exe, double-click on it to run it, then choose Option C (Advanced install) and Option G (Team Hydro CWM5) It'll be obvious once you look at the screenshots in that thread.
    I did the above, finished with no errors. Yet when I power down and use 3 button combo to boot into recovery, it still displays Xionia??
    01-13-2012 09:30 PM
    For anyone who is getting a segmentation error when flashing this recovery, you probably got either a bad download or you have a few bad blocks that can't be skipped or overwritten.
    01-13-2012 09:59 PM
    I get these errors now:

/system/bin/chow: not found
    /system/bin/chmod: not found
    /system/bin/mount: not found
    01-13-2012 10:02 PM
    I get these errors now:

Ummm what did you do? This recovery definitely did NOT cause that. I need some context here, not just error messages.
    01-13-2012 10:07 PM
    I get these errors now:

You are probably running the script while booted into Recovery, rather than Android.
    01-13-2012 10:15 PM
    I did the above, finished with no errors. Yet when I power down and use 3 button combo to boot into recovery, it still displays Xionia??
    You probably hit option F instead of G.

Turn on the scroll buffer using Option E on the main page, then post the log between BEGIN LOG and END LOG.

Just had my friend download the package and rerun it. Went from Xionia to Team Hydro CWM w/o issues. Then went back to Xionia.
    01-13-2012 10:20 PM
    Ummm what did you do? This recovery definitely did NOT cause that. I need some context here, not just error messages.
    I downloaded the file in the OP. Placed it on the root of SD card.
    USB debugging ON under applications/development. Fired up adb shell, got #.
    Ran flash_image recovery /G/CWMRecovery_5.0.2.7-th3_thunderc.img

got these errors.

Then tried downloading the GUI optirec-sfx, ran the .exe file, entered C then G and got the same error.
    Tried downloading optirec, unzipped to root of C drive, and renamed recovery file to recovery.img and placed it in copy2sd/000root folder nad ran
    C:
    cd\optirec
    runfirst

Got the same GUI on screen. Pressed C, then H (since recovery image was in copy2sd folder.

And no, I'm not booted into recovery.
    01-13-2012 10:24 PM
    And no, I'm not booted into recovery.
    Did you have your phone turned on and off the lock screen to accept any root permission prompt if it shows up?
    01-13-2012 10:40 PM
    /development. Fired up adb shell, got #.
    Ran flash_image recovery /G/CWMRecovery_5.0.2.7-th3_thunderc.img
    Where is "/G/CWM..."? Shouldn't that be "/sdcard/CWM..."?
    01-13-2012 10:43 PM
    Didnt get any prompt for permissions. And I thought original path is G as my sdcard's drive is G when connected to Computer. No USB storage was not on but I thought I shud give the drive letter.
    I'll try replacing it with sdcard now report back. Wondering why optirec-sfx didn't work.
    01-13-2012 10:47 PM
    Wondering why optirec-sfx didn't work.
    You said it got through without errors the first time, but not the 2nd? That would be the curious part for me. If it didn't work at all that would be easier to accept than having it work without errors the first time, but not the 2nd.
    01-13-2012 10:51 PM
    I now think, it never worked the first time either. I just did care to look for errors since it said reboot to recovery. Overexcited me. Sorry.
    Now after replacing the path/to with sdcard, i get

usage: flash_image partition file.img
    01-13-2012 10:57 PM
    usage: flash_image partition file.img
    Well, that is progress.

Either you have a typo in the command or the file is not where you are telling flash_image to look.

I'm curious, do you actually have "su" installed or do you depend on adb giving you the # prompt?

When you type "su" in adb shell what does it do?
    Invincible Madness likes this.
    01-13-2012 11:00 PM
    I have SU installed, it never prompts me to give permission.
    When I fire adb shell its # by default.

Thanks much for the patient help sfhub, you saved me yet an another time.

the file was in the right place, I just renamed it to recovery.img and ran the command again.
    It worked

Thanks much again
    01-13-2012 11:08 PM
    I have SU installed, it never prompts me to give permission.
    When I fire adb shell its # by default.
    Ditto. Congrats on the good flash!

Drew, great work! Now my phone looks 20% cooler when I boot into recovery!
    Need to update though, it will be useful to not have to flash DebugFormat. Yea, I'm lazy.
    01-14-2012 10:33 AM
    Basically, Gingerbread ROMs ONLY for now.
    Does this include thekraven's CM7.2, or does this mean ZVH-based roms only?
    01-14-2012 11:12 PM
276 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD