[RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th8.1 (Froyo-friendly!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7-th2

If you get this error: "flash_image: command not found"

Then you need to do this from adb shell:

Code:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak   [COLOR="Red"]-- (If you get an error here, it's ok keep going)[/COLOR]
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
flash_image recovery [I]/path/to/recovery.img[/I]
reboot recovery

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7-th2

I added a "wipe system/data/cache" option. This is now the replacement for the DebugFormat_SYSTEM.zip that you previously had to flash before flashing another Gingerbread ROM.
Nice feature add! I love removing hanging files from my SD card root directory. :)

One small suggestion for future release: maybe use commas to separate 'system, data & cache'? The way it appears presently is confusing because it looks to wipe a specific directory that does not exist. I'm not sure everyone would get what that option does if they didn't read your page 2 post, which will likely get buried in time.

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7-th3

Nice feature add! I love removing hanging files from my SD card root directory. :)

One small suggestion for future release: maybe use commas to separate 'system, data & cache'? The way it appears presently is confusing because it looks to wipe a specific directory that does not exist. I'm not sure everyone would get what that option does if they didn't read your page 2 post, which will likely get buried in time.

Good call. I'll definitely change that in TH4.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
So is the new wipe system/data/cache feature a one step wipe? No reason to wipe from so many different ways? An explanation on every thing it wipes would be great. Does it wipe dalvik cache too or just the regular on.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So is the new wipe system/data/cache feature a one step wipe? No reason to wipe from so many different ways? An explanation on every thing it wipes would be great. Does it wipe dalvik cache too or just the regular on.

It will wipe dalvik-cache since it is located in either /data or /cache. Basically it wipes everything except /boot, /sdcard, and /sd-ext. And /boot gets wiped on each rom install anyway. This new feature is a great time saver for fresh installing a rom.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

So you're telling me that I can put this in that folder and run it and it will flash the new recovery no problem? This sounds easier than adb, anything possibly going wrong?
Yes, just rename the file (from Drew) to be

recovery.img

and place it in the copy2sd\000root directory (it is easier in the .zip version since you unpack it yourself, but you can do it in the self-extracting .exe version too, just look for the directory in \temp)

You can flash ANY recovery you provide in this way.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone tested whether this works with ##786# reset and privacy->reset within Android?

Be aware that if not handled properly in the recovery, those resets can brick your phone, so don't go trying it out unless you know what you are doing.

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

I keep getting
Code:
mtd: read error at [i]address[/i] (Out of memory)

. . . Help please?

therenegadenail

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Yes, just rename the file (from Drew) to be

recovery.img

and place it in the copy2sd\000root directory (it is easier in the .zip version since you unpack it yourself, but you can do it in the self-extracting .exe version too, just look for the directory in \temp)

You can flash ANY recovery you provide in this way.

so i added an image of what my folder looks like, what should i be removing? the xionia or the recovery vd?

i just dont wanna screw it up :p also im sure i just press the C option right? the one that says add xionia recov right?

xcpefrmreality

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I just wanna put this out there for anyone interested. This is flash image GUI. It will flash this recovery with no problems, and without a computer. It is made for a few phones and the optimus s is on that list. It will see your phone as an optimus s or v. It didn't work the first few times I tried it because of the file name. I had to change it to "recovery.img" , the problem was the upper case R in the file name.

I guess I should say I'm not responsible if your phone bricks, but mine didn't and like I said, its listed in the compatible devices.

Please hit drews thanks button in the OP for this recovery and thank joeykrim for this app. It's 99 cents in the market and free from joeys file hosting.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1045797

I hope its ok to link to this, if not then let me know and ill edit.

Reactions: MunkyButt

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

so i added an image of what my folder looks like, what should i be removing? the xionia or the recovery vd?

i just dont wanna screw it up :p also im sure i just press the C option right? the one that says add xionia recov right?
The folder you posted is from the Optimus Rooting package.

I was actually suggesting you do it with the Recovery Install package. I ended up just updating the package to include the CWM5 recovery from this thread (Thanks Drew for allowing me to include it):
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...tall-stock-custom-recovery-100-automated.html

Just download optirec-sfx.exe, double-click on it to run it, then choose Option C (Advanced install) and Option G (Team Hydro CWM5) It'll be obvious once you look at the screenshots in that thread.

Reactions: Invincible Madness

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

The folder you posted is from the Optimus Rooting package.

I was actually suggesting you do it with the Recovery Install package. I ended up just updating the package to include the CWM5 recovery from this thread (Thanks Drew for allowing me to include it):
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...tall-stock-custom-recovery-100-automated.html

Just download optirec-sfx.exe, double-click on it to run it, then choose Option C (Advanced install) and Option G (Team Hydro CWM5) It'll be obvious once you look at the screenshots in that thread.

I did the above, finished with no errors. Yet when I power down and use 3 button combo to boot into recovery, it still displays Xionia??

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

For anyone who is getting a segmentation error when flashing this recovery, you probably got either a bad download or you have a few bad blocks that can't be skipped or overwritten.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I did the above, finished with no errors. Yet when I power down and use 3 button combo to boot into recovery, it still displays Xionia??
You probably hit option F instead of G.

Turn on the scroll buffer using Option E on the main page, then post the log between BEGIN LOG and END LOG.

Just had my friend download the package and rerun it. Went from Xionia to Team Hydro CWM w/o issues. Then went back to Xionia.

Status
Not open for further replies.