[RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th8.1 (Froyo-friendly!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Ahhhh, I was totally waiting for my SU command to do something lol.

Edit: Okay, starting to get frustrated. I have done this before, so I feel like I should know what I am doing. I reboot my phone, and plug it in to the pc. Open up cmd.exe and type adb shell and get sh-3.2 #. Then I type "flash_image recovery /sdcard/CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th5_thunderc.img" (that is exactly what I have been pasting in). That returns "sh: flash_image: command not found" then brings me back to sh-3.2 #. I am at a total loss. This is all exactly how I originally installed this, and now it is not working.

Edit2: Well, according to an earlier post, that error means I need to flash thru adb with the flash_image file too. I will try that and report back.

Last edited:

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I had same problem. So I checked my system/bin and there wasn't a flash image command. My fix was to use the script from xionia thread and replace xionia with this recovery image.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hlxanthus

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7-th2

If you get this error: "flash_image: command not found"

Then you need to do this from adb shell:

Code:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak   [COLOR="Red"]-- (If you get an error here, it's ok keep going)[/COLOR]
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
flash_image recovery [I]/path/to/recovery.img[/I]
reboot recovery

Okay this is what I had to do after placing the flash_image on the SDcard (dont know if I had to but thought I did). And since the file was located on the root of the SDcard, here is the "flash_image recovery /sdcard/CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th5_thunderc.img".

Of course I now see you made an update to th6, so I have to do it again !!

Edit: That of course worked great, LOL thanks Drew !!

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Yea.I seen the th6 too. But this time since you did the script earlier you shoud just have to do the command in this thread since flash image command is now in system bin

Great recovery btw

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th6 (T is for TOUCH!)

Yea.I seen the th6 too. But this time since you did the script earlier you shoud just have to do the command in this thread since flash image command is now in system bin

Yeah thanks ! It was that simple this time LOL

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

Um... touch, drew? TOUCH!?!!

This reminds me of that kid/guy that was on here claiming that he had a cwm that was touchscreen, a supposed rom, an overclocked kernel, etc... I remember he kept percentages listed. He got to around 80-90% on each and then said his girlfriend wouldn't let him do it anymore or something like that. Lmao!

Anyway, good job again on the touch interface. :)

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Can't get it to work. Keeps saying flash_image cammand not found.

Trying both in command promt on pc, and in terminal on phone. both say the same

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Can't get it to work. Keeps saying flash_image cammand not found.

Trying both in command promt on pc, and in terminal on phone. both say the same

Look up to see how I got passed that.

On a side note drew, would it be possible to place the button images on the background? That way the log could roll over them, you could read them, and the touch interface would still be enabled!

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Um... touch, drew? TOUCH!?!!

This reminds me of that kid/guy that was on here claiming that he had a cwm that was touchscreen, a supposed rom, an overclocked kernel, etc... I remember he kept percentages listed. He got to around 80-90% on each and then said his girlfriend wouldn't let him do it anymore or something like that. Lmao!

Anyway, good job again on the touch interface. :)

Yeah, that guy was good for a few laughs. But to be fair, looking back now it all seems probable. All the features he claimed he was going to give us have been accomplished in some form.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th5 (T is for TOUCH!)

sorry but when i now use the command prompt after installing the sdk my cmd is on desktop??????? i tried logging into it but heres what it says and i quote
system cannot find message text for message number 0x2350 in the message file for the applacation???????
what does this mean

oh yeah please note i did try your way but it said commands not recognized. please help i know this is for android threads but please help

windows key
type cmd
hit enter
C:
cd /android (this assumes that you have a folder named android in the root of your C drive. Also make sure that All ADB files (ADB is by default installed in C:/program files (or program files (x86))/android/android-sdk/platform-tools) are in the android directory and that the recovery file itself is also in the android folder)
adb shell
(it will say something like "* daemon not running. starting it now on port ___ (for me, it is 5037)
than it says "*daemon started successfully*"
if it says, "error, device not found, your phone is probably not plugged in, or if it is, usb debugging is not enabled)
flash_image recovery /path/to/recovery.img (path/to/recovery.img is where you put the recovery)
reboot into recovery and enjoy

Also, this guide assumes you are running WINDOWS. If you have Mac or Linux, I'm sorry, I'm not familiar enough with them to help you.

Finally, read the posts on the previous pages

Last edited:

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7-th2

If you get this error: "flash_image: command not found"

Then you need to do this from adb shell:

Code:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak   [COLOR="Red"]-- (If you get an error here, it's ok keep going)[/COLOR]
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
flash_image recovery [I]/path/to/recovery.img[/I]
reboot recovery

i do the 1st one fine then after the 2nd

I get this. /sdcard/flash_image:no such file or directory

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

did you download the flash_image file from the xionia thread to your sdcard. also you have to unzip the file on your computer before you put on sdcard. Actually if you go to the xionia recovery thread and follow the step by step instructions only replace the xionia img with the new img it shoud work for you

Reactions: ab304945

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

did you download the flash_image file from the xionia thread to your sdcard. also you have to unzip the file on your computer before you put on sdcard. Actually if you go to the xionia recovery thread and follow the step by step instructions only replace the xionia img with the new img it shoud work for you

that did the trick. Have it installed now

thank you :)

ikeywatson

May 1, 2011
Visit site

for those of us who cant use adb,there is a good app called flash image GUI,i bought this when i had my moment and it flashes recovery images,you just have to rename the file recovery,it is tested and approved

something15525

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

Hey drew, I really enjoyed having the text log, and it was helpful for debugging errors with ROMs. Even if you don't re-enable it permanently, is there a way we can turn it back on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463